Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Ae92 Conversion

hassan2010

hi guys, im new on this forum, i recently brought a corolla ae92 gti, and the gearbox has gone on it :(

ive heard about the 4agze conversion and i dont mind that at all, but i havnt got a clue where to start, or how much it would cost? guys if ya can help, it be great :)

You will need a 4A-GZE wiring loom, and you will also have to modify the PAS line, but ask AE92 about that. :P

It's a straight swap when it comes to the engine mountings. ;)

I don't know how much they cost, but they're not silly money. Also they're good for 245BHP without replacing your stock internals! :yahoo:

Its a simple swap engine mounts are the same as KP said the wiring needs to be modified luckily for you I'am selling a already modified loom! so it will be plug and play!!!!(wish I had that when I was doing my conversion :( ) which cost me alot to have done and like KP said the PAS line needs moding to which lucky for you I also have as well!! when (if) you buy a 4agze make sure you get the engine mounts,ECU, drive shafts and gearbox as the gti one are different and wont fit make sure you get the Wright drive shafts for that gearbox other wise it will leak gear oil (had to buy 3 different drive shafts because my engine/gearbox did not come with the drive shafts)

all in all its a simple conversion :yes:

if you are serious about it then PM me and I will give you more info :thumbsup:

Mate you've conflicted with yourself. :P You said that the engine mounts don't need swapping, then you said he needs them... :lol: Or is it they fit but are slightly different for the GZE?

:oops: sorry what I meant was the they bolt into the same locations but the 4agze engine mounts are different than the 4age one's (coz the 4agze gearbox is much bigger than the 4age)

:oops: sorry what I meant was the they bolt into the same locations but the 4agze engine mounts are different than the 4age one's

ah cool, I thought so, I just wanted to make sure that he was clear about it! :D

hi guys, thanks alot and yes i will be doing the conversion at some point soon, now where do i find this 4agze engine/gearbox etc..?

AE_92 i will defo get in touch with you. thanks guys

You can check for engines on eBay, but personally I don't trust anyone to buy an engine off. Hope for the best and plan for the worst....

I am not too sure of where to go to get another engine, I seem to remember there being a few JDM 4A-GZE's going around somewhere, just google it and you should find a few for sale. :)

yeah and make sure you get a ae101 4agze with the LSD gearbox :thumbsup:

thank you very much guys, i will do that as soon as, will keep you guy updated so you can guide me through this lol

Good luck with your search. Toyota last made these engines back in 1995 and they are now as rare as rocking horse poo. :eek: I've had mine since 2003 and they were not plentiful even then.

out of the 4agze and 20v blacktop which is the better one to go for? but i really do want a supercharger though :-)

The blacktop is better because it has more power and ITB (not sure if the ST had the ITBS's) but the 4A-GZE is much better because of the forged internals.

Also the 20 Valve engines weren't made quite so well as the 16 Valve generations so I'd stay away unless you want to spend hours looking for parts which are in much greater abundance with the 16's. ;)

Hello mate, I would go for the 4agze myself as it is a solid well built engine with good power and room for easy improvements 2! I dont have anything against the 20v, infact I really like them but as far as end result and hassle

of conversion go the 4agze is the 1!

Now getting one is the problem, first off it depends on ure budget and personal ability for working on it!

If youre not afraid to work on the engine ureself then keep hunting the internet for second hand ones and on

guys breaking corollas with them in! But if you have cash to burn and whant an eay hassle free experience then

you can try http://www.clkmotorsport.com/4a-gengines.htm, I have some more links but that was the only one I could find

right now! :lol:

£2000 isn't bad at all!! :o That's a decent price for a guaranteed beast of an engine, and 170BHP MAP sensor engine is :thumbsup:

The 4A-GE's with MAP sensors were slightly more powerful, so try to go for one of those! :D

that is a good price I payed 1500 for mine and it wasn't rebuilt :(

thanks Gordy75 that helps alot, its very hard to find 4agze engine, its been a nightmare for me!!!

i will defo go for it soon and keep you guys updated

thanks you guys :thumbsup: