Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Discs And Pads

baz1631

Just fitted new discs and pads to the front wheels,but when refitting drivers side calliper, the bottom bolt cannot screw completely into the calliper. do i need a new set of bolts. or can i get pass with non toyota parts?. :blink: would appreciate any help :unsure:P.S.: could i use a couple of washers to take-up the space?

Do you mean the bottom bolt in the carrier or the bottom bolt that screws into the guide pin?

If it is the guide pin, take the bolt out, swing the caliper up and try the bolt in again. It should be more or less finger tight and screw in past the place where the caliper would normaly be. I would avoid washers if possible. Can you take a photo?

hi anch. the bottom bolt in the carrier seems to have lost its "springyness" and only comes out so far the bolt that goes into the guidepin seems as if the thread is worn, but it,s not.It screws in so far then loses grip.I'll try an' get a pic to u tomorrow, coz its gettin dark noo!Cheers

did you only removed one bolt as (so far i can remember) the top and the bottom bolt have different lenghts, i might be wrong with this?

did you only removed one bolt as (so far i can remember) the top and the bottom bolt have different lenghts, i might be wrong with this?

cant find any replacement bolts on the net. e-mailed kingo por price on new bolts

as far i know kingo is on holiday this week.

bear in mind that these bolts has metric fine thread

• 2 weeks later...

as far i know kingo is on holiday this week.

bear in mind that these bolts has metric fine thread

Got intouch with kingos office, got new bolts ordered , will confirm thurs. and very good price! just hope I can get them on in time for MOT re-test(Deadline- Teus.) So far so good. famous last words no doubt!

lindop toyota,very good service,and quick delivery! ordered parts thurs. arrived fri morning. brilliant :thumbsup:

Is there a link ???? Kingo goes on holiday, service from Lindop is brilliant...?

I will now be signing in t'forum under a new pseudonym....is that spelleded right?

Big Kev...as was.... :lol:

Is there a link ???? Kingo goes on holiday, service from Lindop is brilliant...?

I will now be signing in t'forum under a new pseudonym....is that spelleded right?

hi kev, more like the missing link! had to get parts asap so phoned lindop direct as kingo wasnt back till next day.they arrived the very next day and i got them fitted this morning. car now goin for re-test mon. am.with one day to spare! should pass no bother now! i hope :thumbsup:

hi kev, more like the missing link! had to get parts asap so phoned lindop direct as kingo wasnt back till next day.they arrived the very next day and i got them fitted this morning. car now goin for re-test mon. am.with one day to spare! should pass no bother now! i hope :thumbsup:

What's even worse, Baz, is he drinks that clear Russian weaselwee...only once did he have a bad trip on "Scottish Wine" and was a wee bit ill, so he deserts our national product. I would blame the lashings of warm English lemonade he mixed our stuff with.......

Big Kev :eek:

What's even worse, Baz, is he drinks that clear Russian weaselwee...only once did he have a bad trip on "Scottish Wine" and was a wee bit ill, so he deserts our national product. I would blame the lashings of warm English lemonade he mixed our stuff with.......

Big Kev :eek:

gave-up our national drink when i started to get hangovers! changed to polish vodka.No hangover...yipeee! as for warm english lemonade...........UGH :sick: ! lol

sory to hear about yher slow service frfom Lindoop

Pairts Kingo once actually got the parts to me... delivered by the postman on a Sunday about 3 hours after i ordered them - crumbs..... :eek: :eek: