Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor Fit

leebo

brought a new single din facia so i could replace the factory stereo and its absolute pants..... its a ill fit sticks out and rattles as it only had 2 fixing points.. it was made by autoplas or something along them lines. has any one elce had this problem or have they brought any tht was a good fit ??

You will find this being a commom problem/fault.

No easy solution or fix that will cure this i'm afraid.

I've lived with it since i had my install done, and that was 7yrs ago :eek:

Bing

:thumbsup:

i even had to spray it matt black to match the car .... is the double facia any better? if not im gona revert back to the factory one lol

At the time, i couldn't find a decent double DIN trim to hold my Alpine in place, so i resorted to getting a new air-vent trim to hold it in place.

More costly than i expected, and Toyota H/U use a slightly wider double DIN units, so had to get it trimmed into place.

I still have the slight top gap (about +5mm) but i don't really notice it much, but was no worse when i had the single DIN in place before either.

I was lucky when i got the single DIN facial trim, as it WAS and still is a black colour, i'm guessing you got the more bluey looking version.

The metra one is a much better bet, needed a bit of filing but it does the job and is a decent colour match. the flash has distored the actual colour match but its a decent fit.

2008_0418_203053_JPG.jpg

At the time, i couldn't find a decent double DIN trim to hold my Alpine in place, so i resorted to getting a new air-vent trim to hold it in place.

More costly than i expected, and Toyota H/U use a slightly wider double DIN units, so had to get it trimmed into place.

I still have the slight top gap (about +5mm) but i don't really notice it much, but was no worse when i had the single DIN in place before either.

I was lucky when i got the single DIN facial trim, as it WAS and still is a black colour, i'm guessing you got the more bluey looking version.

yep thats the one i wish i had got it from Halfords, least i coulda taken it back and moaned lol . one side is a really good fit. but the other side sticks out about 5mm and it rattles like hell..

The one you bought was made by autoleads,

Best bet is to get in touch with connects2 there adaptor costs £25 and has the pocket on the bottom but its a proper black colour and it has 4 fitting points. I purchased that one and gave it to t-sport786.

Heres a photo of my one below which i bought from america

DSC02006.jpg

the connects 2 adapter with the pocket underneath is what I am using and it's perfect fit..

farhan what model head unit is that alpine?

the connects 2 adapter with the pocket underneath is what I am using and it's perfect fit..

yea the connects2 one is great aswell its actually black instead of a dark navy.

Yep its a 9884R with imprint sound.

yea the connects2 one is great aswell its actually black instead of a dark navy.

Yep its a 9884R with imprint sound.

ohh good choice, have you messed around with imprint is it any good for sound tuning?

Not at all i actually should i have a decent set up in the car, running a JL Audio 500/1 with a 10W7, I actually very rarely lisen to my sounds but they are great to have on a long journey.

I may buy the imprint processor when i go for a speaker upgrade. Possibly rainbows or focal Speakers.

With a bit too much flash, i still like the look of my old Alpine H/U :thumbsup:

4104DSCF0011.JPG

The one you bought was made by autoleads,

Best bet is to get in touch with connects2 there adaptor costs £25 and has the pocket on the bottom but its a proper black colour and it has 4 fitting points. I purchased that one and gave it to t-sport786.

Heres a photo of my one below which i bought from america

DSC02006.jpg

pardon my ignorance but what is that above your head unit ?

Not at all i actually should i have a decent set up in the car, running a JL Audio 500/1 with a 10W7, I actually very rarely lisen to my sounds but they are great to have on a long journey.

I may buy the imprint processor when i go for a speaker upgrade. Possibly rainbows or focal speakers.

Nice setup there! I am planning an upgrade to Focal 165 KRX2 myself at the moment, currently running Diamond Audio D3 6.5" components. I assume you know your stuff about audio (as you seem to with most things) but finding a decent amplifier for the Focal or Rainbow Speakers will make or break your sound :)

The thing above the unit is a camcon,

Yea bro defo, Focal sound mean, Its odd as i was leaning towards JL Audio comps at one point and the guy in the shop always brags about JL Audio and i can understand why and man-bing will back me with this. He made me listen to focal components and i was like these are main!

Even diamond audio, Diamond was a fantastic company a few years back, You get what you pay for in the end with alot of things. Sound systems are one of them, Even the diamonds are amazing they will always be quality. Thats with many amplifier combos, I remember running a directed d2400, Very popular amplifier because in terms of bang for buck it was one of the best.

However it cannot touch my 500/1, Most of the upper market companies like JL Audio, Focal, Rainbow, Diamond all share one thing in common and never brag about output ratings, They can consistently hit constant watts if set up correctly instead of many systems which brag 1000watts but only hit the figures once in a lifetime.

Yea bro defo, Focal sound mean, Its odd as i was leaning towards JL Audio comps at one point and the guy in the shop always brags about JL Audio and i can understand why and man-bing will back me with this. He made me listen to focal components and i was like these are main!

Even diamond audio, Diamond was a fantastic company a few years back, You get what you pay for in the end with alot of things. Sound systems are one of them, Even the diamonds are amazing they will always be quality. Thats with many amplifier combos, I remember running a directed d2400, Very popular amplifier because in terms of bang for buck it was one of the best.

However it cannot touch my 500/1, Most of the upper market companies like JL Audio, Focal, Rainbow, Diamond all share one thing in common and never brag about output ratings, They can consistently hit constant watts if set up correctly instead of many systems which brag 1000watts but only hit the figures once in a lifetime.

Each high-end speaker brand will always sound different to each person, even if was the same Speakers.

For what one person like, the next might hate it.

My Diamond Audio, when i get them going, will sound very screechy even harsh depending of what i play through them but to me it defines clarity, depth and control within the music.

I was toying of getting the JL Audio XR's Speakers (were the best at the time if i remember before the ZR range) but was told they would sound very different to the Diamond Audio's, more of a laid back, mellow and smooth sounding but will lack the clarity i was looking for.

I've heard alot about the Focal Speakers, but at the time, wasn't a choice that was available to me, so wasn't in the running.

After some 12yrs of using my Soundstream amp, i'm sure my next amp will have a lot to live up to.

I've used many amps in my time, and various degrees of power and channels, but after giving them alot of usage, they all blown up, but with my Soundstream that's never been a problem period.

I'm currently looking at the new JL amp's for my next replacement.

The thing above the unit is a camcon,

Wow, finally someone who understands and realises what the term RMS means!! So many kids my age (im 20) say to me oh your sub is only getting 250w rms mines getting 500watts but they dont realise my sub is getting 250w rms day in, day out consistently whereas their cheapo amp may produce 500w when the Battery voltage is bang on 14.4v and the signal is clean when the moon is blue and the cows do summer saults etc etc.

I read in an old magazine, they tested the old jl w0 which was rated at around 250rms at the time. they pushed it to 958w rms and even then the subwoofer itself did not blow, the glue on the voice coil heated up so much it unglued itself...now thats quality!

I dont know what type of music you listen to but if youre like me and listen to bits and bobs of all genres you'll definately appreciate the focals more. the jl c5's are too clean and too clinical for music other than rock/pop etc. The focal will sound much more musical when you listen to bhangra/reggae/classical/rock/pop/anything you choose, in my experience they can take more "junk" in terms of unclean signals etc. one thing - personally i would run your 10w7 off a hd750/1 just to give it that extra bit of power, but running it off a 500/1 it'll give the ultimate reliability as youre not stressing it out with extra power.

Each high-end speaker brand will always sound different to each person, even if was the same Speakers.

For what one person like, the next might hate it.

My Diamond Audio, when i get them going, will sound very screechy even harsh depending of what i play through them but to me it defines clarity, depth and control within the music.

I was toying of getting the JL Audio XR's Speakers (were the best at the time if i remember before the ZR range) but was told they would sound very different to the Diamond Audio's, more of a laid back, mellow and smooth sounding but will lack the clarity i was looking for.

I've heard alot about the Focal Speakers, but at the time, wasn't a choice that was available to me, so wasn't in the running.

After some 12yrs of using my Soundstream amp, i'm sure my next amp will have a lot to live up to.

I've used many amps in my time, and various degrees of power and channels, but after giving them alot of usage, they all blown up, but with my Soundstream that's never been a problem period.

I'm currently looking at the new JL amp's for my next replacement.

Yea i totally understand your point about the diamonds being slightly harsh/screechy at high volume. this is because often the diamonds use aluminium dome tweeters which produce a slightly metallic/harsh note whereas other materials, e.g. silk, are much smoother.

the new hd amps from jl are amazing. i dont know what your current setup is but the hd900/5 is a fine amp, 100w rms per door and 500rms for the sub..which would be ideal for a 10w6 which i believe is what you have. some reviewers say it may not produce the full 500 rms for the sub, but even 450 is more than enough.

if you have the other route of 2 amplifers then the hd750/1 and hd600/4 make a fine combination. ive heard these running a 12w6v2 and zr components in the front of a new shape audio a6 estate with extra staging tweeters and my god it sounded breathtaking! it is the celsus (jl's uk distibutor) demo car so it may be worth asking your local approved jl dealer to try get the celsus guys to bring the car down for you to listen to, thats what my audio shop did.

Defo agree with your points above, The HD amps by JL are amazing, when i first bought the t-sport it was far to much for a HD amp, I listen to a very large selection of music.....Put it this way i listen to every genre of music haha toast.gif

I sometimes do feel that my W7 even being a smaller Sub kicks alot better to hard hitting bass songs. I said to myself that i would always keep a 10" sub on its own reason being is for hard hitting notes a small sub is sufficient to hit the big tones for myself. Another reason is smaller subwoofers like the diamonds and JLs always hit tight bassline for music like organ bassline, Dance music,which is what i love, They can play the small notes amazingly well yet they can hit the low notes hard enough to please some.

I heard a single 8" Diamond running on reasonable power off a JL Audio amp......By god it was the most amazing sound i have ever heard, I sat in the little citroen it had a focal set up for Speakers, Dynamat everywhere it was a set up i would die for.

I was shocked how the 8" Played inside the car it was amazing the bass was punching perfectly not to hard and not to low and the treble and midtones were just perfect. Step outside the car and shut the door and you cannot hear much. I prefer to not hear my music outside the car but when i step inside i want it to be like a sound studio.

lol the hd's are still eye wateringly (spelling?) expensive! yeah definately i dont like the idea of turning my music up to let people outside the car hear it..that defeats the object for me. my previous car (yaris) was fully dynamatted top to bottom, my current corolla hasnt had much in the way of sound enhancements yet, waiting for the audio shop guys to get some time to sit and plan the next install with them.

yep you are right. a small woofer will 'kick' harder than a bigger one but a larger woofer will drop lower but for your dance type music 10" is perfect size i bet it kicks you in the back hard. my sub right now is an old mtx 12" i had lying around in the garage the suspension is shot but im just using it to have some form of sound until i change. im thinking along lines of 2x jl 12w3v3 in sealed enclosure running off a diamond monoblock giving roughly 350w rms each. planning to reuse my current diamond 4 channel and will bi wire the focals for a nice clean sound stage. obviously loads of dynamat and im purist in the sense i dont believe in any form of rear speaker...i'll leave the stock corolla ones in there wired to head unit for the very occasional rear fill duties but they are switch off 99.9% of the time.

lol the hd's are still eye wateringly (spelling?) expensive! yeah definately i dont like the idea of turning my music up to let people outside the car hear it..that defeats the object for me

The HD amp are cheap against my HUGE but awesome Soundstream amp, which was a painful but unique sum of £1200, which at the time was only 1 in 5 in the country and still rare to find now.

You don't need to Dynamat the whole car, i didn't, just where it's needed, mainly the boot and doors.

yep you are right. a small woofer will 'kick' harder than a bigger one but a larger woofer will drop lower but for your dance type music 10" is perfect size i bet it kicks you in the back hard. my sub right now is an old mtx 12" i had lying around in the garage the suspension is shot but im just using it to have some form of sound until i change. im thinking along lines of 2x jl 12w3v3 in sealed enclosure running off a diamond monoblock giving roughly 350w rms each

My JL 10" W6 sub is still nifty and punchy when its needed, but sometimes will sound either thumping and controlled or very lazy and needs a kicking :lol:

I heard JL subs are more of an all-rounder sub, than being one sort of sub.

planning to reuse my current diamond 4 channel and will bi wire the focals for a nice clean sound stage. obviously loads of dynamat and im purist in the sense i dont believe in any form of rear speaker...i'll leave the stock corolla ones in there wired to head unit for the very occasional rear fill duties but they are switch off 99.9% of the time.

Exactly like my setup too, Diamonds at the front with the JL sub when i want clarity and finesse, but if i have to take passengers will fade the rear OEM Speakers to given them something to listen too :lol:

sounds like we have some real audio enthusiasts on here including myself which is good to read! i know dynamat whole car was overkill but it was a yaris and quite tinny, so while the boys had the seats/carpets ripped out it made sense to just get it all done in one go...saves me paying labour :D

yeah the jl w3 is a good all rounder. id love to have 2 12w6v2 sealed running off 2x hd750/1 but my budget simply wont stretch, the sound quality on the w6 is amazing!

yeah the jl w3 is a good all rounder. id love to have 2 12w6v2 sealed running off 2x hd750/1 but my budget simply wont stretch, the sound quality on the w6 is amazing!

Nothing wrong with have a decent SQ system, and the W6 is a very capable sub that handle the bass frequences in a very controlled manner, part of the reason why i got the sub, and at the time was the newest JL sub and wouldn't part with it very quickly :lol:

If my amp box will take it, will try and get 2 of the HD amp's in there, if not will have to stick with the one :(

If my amp box will take it, will try and get 2 of the HD amp's in there, if not will have to stick with the one :(

For your single 10w6 isnt 1x hd750/1 plenty as it is? or did you mean a 750/1 along with a 600/4?