Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4D Running Hot?

Lusty

Hi all,long time no see.Anyway my trusty 2 litre D4D (03)is starting to run very hot going up long hills.(I haven't let it run into the red)and once back on the flat the temperature drops back down to running temperature.

My mate who is a mechanic reckons that the impeller in the water pump has most likely packed up as shes not loosing oil or water.

She's due a cambelt change and he'll do the water pump whilst she's in bits.

So how much is a cambelt set and anyone else had a similar problem because at first I thought it was the heating sensor?

Thanx in advance.

please before you change half of your engine check thermostat its in age when it needs replace.as it ageing it loosing its flexibility and becoming sluggish.i have also D4D 2.0 and its keeps its bang on temperature in any conditions.

regards joe

Hi all,long time no see.Anyway my trusty 2 litre D4D (03)is starting to run very hot going up long hills.(I haven't let it run into the red)and once back on the flat the temperature drops back down to running temperature.

My mate who is a mechanic reckons that the impeller in the water pump has most likely packed up as shes not loosing oil or water.

She's due a cambelt change and he'll do the water pump whilst she's in bits.

So how much is a cambelt set and anyone else had a similar problem because at first I thought it was the heating sensor?

Thanx in advance.

Hi mate sounds like a good idea to change the water pump when the cam belt is done but first check that the radiator is not blocked with debris on the outside at the front. If it is ok ask the mechanic to back flush the radiator when he does your job as the core can get blocked inside with a car that age, also a new thermostat as suggested by joe19.19 would be something I would change when you get the cam belt done (if not before) as a belt and braces measure.;)

Best regards Pete.

520 squids to do the cambelt,waterpump and thermostat and flush out the radiator all inclusive using proper parts.Deal or no deal?

please before you change half of your engine check thermostat its in age when it needs replace.as it ageing it loosing its flexibility and becoming sluggish.i have also D4D 2.0 and its keeps its bang on temperature in any conditions.

regards joe

Motor fixed.This did turn out to be the root cause.

The Thermostat had actually disintegrated and part of it was blocking the radiator inlet and several other bits of it were laying around the cooling system.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links