Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blueooth And Ipod Touch Help

jamesdonn

I've managed to get my iPhone connected to the bluetooth no problem and after looking at the manual i didn't realise you can play music via bluetooth. Even though i have my iPod touch connected via aux cable i wanted to try and connect it to the bluetooth, i've tried to pair it and TOYOTA comes up in the list to connect to but it doesn't seem to want to connect, has anyone else paired an ipod touch for music play through the bluetooth?

Cheers

Good question - I'm not sure if you can connect your iPod Touch via bluetooth.

I'll try with mine in a minute - I hadn't really given it any thought until you mentioned it because I use a Aux cable too.

I use the aux to connect mine, I also use my Sat Nav as it broadcasts an FM signal for MP3's off an SD card, then you just tune in the radio to a spare channel.

I know the hands free kit only triggers when a call is made or received not when the audio is played.

The 3rd generation iPod touch supports A2DP, so it CAN stream music.

However, it does NOT support any other profile and I think that trying to pair it with

a carkit doesn't work as the primary profile for that is NOT A2DP but HSP or HFP...

There might be a way to pair for just A2DP, but you'd have to search the carkit's manual for that.

Once you do get a connection going there will be a Bluetooth-icon near the volume-slider

in the Music-app, tapping that will allow you to switch the sound to the Speakers.

Another thing you need to realise is that most carkits do NOT support simultaneous connection

of multiple devices. So if you DO get streaming working from your iPod, your iPhone will not be

able to connect and thus you canot make or recieve calls handsfree...

I don't think the Toyota BT device allows for music playback [via BT]...which is a shame as it appears to be functionality of newer devices. Pity really as it'd be great :)

• Like 1

There is no "one" Toyota bluetooth unfortunately...

I've seen at least 5 different sets being mounted as "official" at a

dealer, of which at least 2 supported A2DP-streaming music.

What IS certain is the fact that an iPod touch will not pair to a

BT-device using the HFP or HSP profiles and that an iPhone

will not play music over these profiles, only over A2DP...

HSP and HFP are both usually mono, so not really suitable for music...

I've tried iPod again with no luck and tried to get playback through iPhone but it doesn't recognise the 'music' command for some reason. And i can't add contacts cos i can't send contacts over bluetooth so i can only call a contact by saying the number which is a shame. I don't know if it's because i've only got an iPhone 3G and the 3Gs can do more things like that. I'm not really bothered about the music streaming, i just wanted to see if it worked in case i left my cable somewhere.

Thanks for the info though guys. Might try it with my fiances Sony ericsson.

What carkit is your Aygo fitted with? Could you post a picture of the display/controller?

And what firmware are you running on your iPhone? A2DP-support only became available with FW 3.x,

but it SHOULD work on the 3G. A 2G iPhone or 1st generation iPod touch don't support A2DP.

What carkit is your Aygo fitted with? Could you post a picture of the display/controller?

And what firmware are you running on your iPhone? A2DP-support only became available with FW 3.x,

but it SHOULD work on the 3G. A 2G iPhone or 1st generation iPod touch don't support A2DP.

Car kit in Aygo is PZ420-I0291, manual can be found here.

iPhone is running 3.1.3(7E18) and bluetooth FW is 00:21:E9:7E:96:79

I can connect the phone no problems and have answered incoming calls, just cant add contacts via bluetooth.

Ah, I went trough the manual and notices the used protocols are A2DP and AVRCP.

A2DP allows streaming audio over the carkit, that would be available through the icon I mentioned earlier.

AVRCP isn't fully supported by Apple for some reason. They only seem to support volume and Play/Pause.

So I think you have to startup Streaming audio from your

iPhone and can then only Pause and resume from the carkit.

And the iPod touch only supports streaming audio, not HSP or HFP, so that's probably why it will not pair.

As for the bluetooth "firmware"; the number you provided is the MAC-address, a unique identifier for your

iPhones Bluetooth-chipset. You'll find similarly formatted numbers for WiFi and 3G on the phone and your

home computer will have MAC-adresses for WiFi, Ethernet, bluetooth and any other network-adapter.

Thanks Jan. I will be trying the streaming audio via the icon in the music player later. Shame i can't add contacts though, although tbh i rarely ring anyone anyway they ring me.

I'd have to re-read the manual, but if you can set the carkit to use

the iPhone's voice-control you can still call by saying someone's name.

I had a VERY simple Sony Ericsson carkit before my current one and on

that I could call people with the iPhone's voice control with iOS3...

Damn, I misread your previous message on that, sorry...

I DID however see that you can manually add Contacts

to the Carkit by speaking numbers and names.

Taking into account it can only hold 50 contacts, I think it's a good thing

it doesn't auto-sync: I have close to 200 people in my Addressbook

with over 250 numbers in total, so that would get messy...

My Bury can store 15.000 contacts, spread over 10 phones and is

one of the few devices that CAN connect to two phones at once!

• 4 years later...

My Aygo has now play and pause button at the bluetooth site so I cant play music, is that right? There seems to be no movement in the buttons so I'm assuming no music for me. Is this right?