Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

5efe In Paseo

DazH

Just a thought, but does anyone know if bigger injectors have been fitted to the 5efe engine. With all the extra air I'm gettin from the induction kit and dual cold feeds, was thinking maybe bigger ones could be fitted <_< Just wondering about the implications/complications as one of our customers at work is getting a new rolling road so he can work on re programming ECU's etc. I could be tempted if anyone knows if its been done :thumbsup:

i'm not sure, but i think the stock ecu should be able to handle the extra the induction kit gets. just try to reset the ecu, so it could "refresh" on your added indution kit.

anybody's free to correct me if i'm wrong.. :D

I wonder if 5E-FHE injectors would work.

5E-FE have 195cc injectors. 5E-FHE are 225cc.

4E-FTE are 295cc (I think)

Hmm what whould the gain be like? Anyone care to hazzard a guess!

How much £££ are we talking, sounds like a good idea Dazh. :thumbsup:

your standard injectors are more than capable of supplying your car with suficient fuel and then some. its not turbocharged.

buy a throttle body off a4efte..that should give u the gains in performance u r looking for :ph34r:

i wouldnt put bigger injectors on, unless u uprate ur pistons and valves im pretty sure u could do some damage

I wouldn't have thought much damage could be done as its only a minor change.

Any new injector would have to be the same resistance.

There isn't much difference between 5E-FHE and 5E-FE.

Without measuring does anyone know the throttle body size of the 4E-FTE and if its any different to the 5E-FE / 5E-FHE?

you wouldent cause any damage fitting marginaly larger injectors..

andrew i dont know the exact size but id do know the 4efte thottlebody is considerably biggar than boths 5e's :ph34r:

I'll measure my throttle body and compare to 5E-FE and 5E-FHE.

Thanks for the replies :thumbsup:

Looks as though we could be on to something here possibly <_< I agree and don't think bigger injectors would cause any damage, as all engines have a margin of safety built in, though some to a lesser extent :rolleyes: It sounds like a good idea with the throttle body geocool, gonna try to speak to a couple of our customers this week, one used to build and race CRX's and designed a supercharger for them, he should be able to help :)

Just been lookin on some US sites and it seems gen 1 Seo's have Bosch injectors <_< Not sure if the same as gen 2 but as I work for the largest independent Bosch distributor in Europe, I'll have a look tomorrow :P

Well if it's any help to anyone the 2nd gen 5efe injectors are a static flow long body type O ring injector with a flow rate of 130.4 grammes and a spray angle of 30 degrees. Bosch part no 0280150439.

The nearest upgrade is a Hyundai one with a 187 gramme flow rate but it has 22 degree spray angle. :(

The originals fit loads of Toyotas, Corrola, Avensis etc all different engine sizes too. Looks like throttle body would be the best option :thumbsup:

I think it won't do anything special :rolleyes: . My friend put a turbocharger to 4e-fe getting 140KM and 200Nm. He put pistons from Paseo (thank to them got lower compresion ratio), IC from another car, he add second fuel pump, but injectors stayed the same, ECU was reprogrammable on rolling, new exhaust system. So if in such a engine with this power injectors could stayed, so let's think... :yes:

This operation costed him 1700 pounds, and he choose this than 4e-fte conversion because of lack of parts of this engine in our country...

look...u can fit injectors off supra.. but like i said theres no point...

uve only made less resisstance for the air to get into your engine not increased the flow rate as with a turobocharger.

get a throttle boddy off a 4efte :ph34r:

get a throttle boddy off a 4efte :ph34r:

Yeah, thats what I said in my last post. if anyone knows the dimensions I'll have a look round for one, just don't wanna spend the money to find it won't fit ;)

it will fit..trust me... :ph34r:

trottle body from 4e-fe with 86HP from Corolla E11 ;) i think you was thinking about this ;) Did You do something in this way??

alright kamyk

turns out that the throttle body from the 4e-fte is even bigger...

thats the one to go for. :ph34r:

i have done the mod with BIGGER INJECTORS !!!

i have 375cc injectors in my paseo !!!

YOu need :

a pigggy pack A/F to fuel out at idle for starting !!!!

don't worry about the difference of ohms beetween different impedance injector

you will have to put sometimes a ballast resistor to have the same impedance of the OEM injectors .....

A good GREDDY emanage will do the best!!!!

1) you can simply put bigger injectors

2)with optional harness you gan modify ignition timing

a simply HKS AFR can drive the bigger injectors too, and have not the same problem at idle than the APEXI .....(in hte APEXI you must chose the idle poin and fuel out) with the HKS just turn the idle stabilizer knob

A good induction +good header +sport cat+Greddy emanage =better solution

Thanx

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links