Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Glow Plug Warning Light

ajstars

Hi,

My 3rd generation Surf has never displayed a glow plug warning light - which I assumed was due to the bulb being blown, but I have now checked the bulb which is all working and fitted a volt meter which shows no Battery drain decrease a short while after the ignition is turned on which would make me think the plugs are not heating.

Any ideas what could be cauing this problem? My thoughts were heater plug relay??

Suggestions welcome,

Thanks

Hi,

My 3rd generation Surf has never displayed a glow plug warning light - which I assumed was due to the bulb being blown, but I have now checked the bulb which is all working and fitted a volt meter which shows no battery drain decrease a short while after the ignition is turned on which would make me think the plugs are not heating.

Any ideas what could be cauing this problem? My thoughts were heater plug relay??

Suggestions welcome,

Thanks

The relay or the glow plugs, they used to be wired in series so one off all off.

Bang a new set in anyway they`re not very expensive.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links