Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust

Acid-burn

Hi all

Just need a bit of advice

I own a Yaris 1.5 T sport 2001 shape and i need a new back box. the problem is all the ones i can find are for the 1.0L model. i only want a standard one. so nothing special. can someone advise which one i need? is this 1.0L ok or do i need a different one. maybe even if someone knows the part number would be great

Thanks All

Leanne xx

You can get one from Toyota for around £150 but the labour charge is about £100 an hour. I wouldnt bother doing that though. Go to your local exhaust place and you'll be able to get a back box for about £60. If you ask them for a non loud back box Im sure theyll have one.

I agree or find a parts factor place, they might do it even cheaper.

The 1.0 version will not fit, had a quick search and this is probably the cheapest?

The 1.0 backbox is £33 as against £75 for one to fit yours, if you know someone handy with a socket set its an easy job as long as you soak the mounting bolts with wd40 over night and use a nice long breaker bar to ease the bolts off the next day. You may need a new exhaust gasket but should get away with exhaust paste if you cannot source one?

I did the middle section on my poverty spec 1.0s the other day and cost me £35, National Tyres wanted £132.50 for the job so i decided to get my hands dirty B)

Ring round for prices fitted but your probably looking at £100+

I would allways get genuine parts when buying exhausts.

Sure you can get Bosal and Timax with a 3 yr warranty but they never last that long in my experiance.

Also, they are never as quiet as the original system, they rust as soon as it rains and just look cheap.

Ok for a runabout car but if you are doing some mileage and love your car, i would buy original any day. :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links