Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice - Interim Service And Wipers

kirstiey

Hey Guys

I recently replaced my wipers with some emergency ones from Halfords (standard own brand) They are so awful they are bordering on dangerous! Could anyone tell me where I can get the orig ones which came with the car or recommend some half decent ones?

Also...In am due an interim service at 54,000 miles. What can I expect price-wise and what should they do for this money for this kind of service. I don't want to be ripped off and I am not really a DIY kind of girl!

Cheers all.

Interim service? My last one cost £125...

Ring up a few Toyota dealers and ask.

Toyota spares re as good as if not bettr than anyone's...

Its quite often not the wipers that are the issue, but a build up of grease and wax on the windscreen - which might explain your issue with the Halfords ones.

Any branded wiper blade should be OK when its new or nearly new....

Try a good spray glass cleaner on the windscreen with a microfibre cloth and give it a good scrub clean.

I do mine every couple of months as the screenwash never seems to keep on the gradual buildup on the screen.

If you want any advice on products of any type, including Wiper Blades, try the Product Test pages at autoexpress.co.uk

They reprint their magazine tests of all sorts of auto products on their website.

I've tested a few different wipers recently. Toyota's Optifit own brand ones were reasonably effective but very noisy. 'Wiper Blades Direct' retro fit flat blade wipers were ok one one side, rubbish on the other - leaving a thick band (think there's too much pressure in them). Best by far (and most expensive) were Bosch Super Plus blades. Good clearing of the window and least noise.

Being lazy and knowing cheap supermarket and dindi branded wipers are next to no use, i ordered the Toyota Optifit ones on ebay from Parklands Toyota. I was and still are impressed with the smearless quality and would recommend them being eight quid delivered for the 20" blade. :thumbsup:

As for noise i cant comment as i never pay more than a tenner for Wiper Blades :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links