Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm Whine

vhsb69

I have a 1997/1998 Avensis 1.8 GS and I am getting an alarm constantly whining. I have read through some of the other threads on the forum. I have checked all of the door buttons including the boot and bonnet and they all seem fine. Can anyone tell me where to go next other then trying to access the alarm itself, which sounds like a real pain.

If I do have to do this, can any one help with the procedure for taking off the front indicator lens and housing as cant seem to see how this is done. The headlight seems simple. Once I have it off what should I be doing/looking for with regards the alarm - or can I simply disconnect it without having immobiliser problems.

Have you checked your Battery ?

A problem cell will cause a voltage drop and the drop will cause the alarm to go off at varied times.

Yep - Brand new Battery, its not "going" off, just producing a low volume, but high pitched whine aaarrrgghh, i think the only thing to do as suggested on other threads is to pull the front of the car apart and see if the terminals are corroded etc... :crybaby:

Sorted - before you start stripping the front of your car off to access the Alarm sounder situated rather neatly under the front offside headlight... pop open the relay fuse box under the bonnet and locate the dome fuse. pull it out, wait a mo and then put it back in..... the whine stopped and has not started again. However, I did strip the front of my car off to see if anything was corroded... what a major pain - not looking forward to having to change an indicator bulb.

Not corroded, so guess it was just having a wig out.

I did follow all of the steps that were noted on other posts - removing the coin tray panel, checking all of the rubber switches etc... these were all fine on my car.

Thanks to the forum, im sure that I will need the help again in the future... but i might invest in a Haynes Manual!