Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slider Pin... Where From?

Norfolk n Chance

Right chaps, after discovering the strange clicking noise coming from my passenger side caliper when in reverse was a broken brake pad i got a new set of front Mintex pads and changed them over.

Decided i might as well do the drivers side at the same time... i have now discovered that the lower slider pin is completely seized censored.gif

It will not budge at all so it looks like a job for a blow torch in order to get it out.

Anybody know anywhere that is likely to have a slider pin for a CTS??

MR T has quoted £28.49+ VAT for the slider.... and £21.63+ VAT for the rubber boot!!!!! blink.gif

helpsmilie.gif

Short of heading down to a scrappy with a couple of spanners and attacking an E12, I don't think I've ever seen anyone other than Toyota who would sell parts like that.

Update...

After speaking to 'acting Parts King' Keith (as John's on holiday) my local dealer was almost right....

As a heads up to anyone that should ever need to replace a pin...

The slider pins come in a set of 4 with rubber boots and grease..

It seems my local dealer was also trying to sell me an extra set of rubber boots!

have you tried rotating it with a big pair of stilsons to free it.

once free, you will need to ream the hole again otherwise your new one will stick pretty quick.

Check this place out i bought some slider pins a while back when i assumed they were seized, Changed them over and didnt cost as much as MR T smile.gif

Slider Pins

Scroll to the bottom of the page youll receive 2 in a set with grease, Rubber Boots and everything needed.

Where the hell were you with that link when i was ordering from Parts King earlier?? censored.gif

laugh.gif

Damn gaz sorry i was outside working on the cars with william its his fault! laugh.gif

if you ordered today im sure you could quickly cancel the order? Kingo always offers the best price but with replacement wear and tear parts its what toyota pick to charge and you can only just get so much discount for things like that.

I'll ring tomorrow and see if i can... if not i'm blaming you :lol:

thumbsup.gif

can you let me know where you ended up getting them from?

I also need a lower (or possibly upper) pin for the passenger side front brake, and dont see the point in buying 4 when i only need one.

I managed to get mine out of the caliper by clamping it in a vice and turning the caliper, gave it a spray with WD40 as well

After looking at that link... £13 for one isn't too bad... but for little over double that i've decided to get the full kit from Kingo and replace all 4 slider pins.... thumbsup.gif

I best mention that i'd have been spending a fortune having my car booked in for Mr T to sort if it hadn't been for Hou! :lol: