Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloys!

Huz0786

CCheers guys, yeah, if i put 18s on the car i would only lower it by 30mm, not a big fan of the extreme low look.

I thought that some corollas have a different type of spoiler, and the one on your cars are the TTE spoiler, so the TTE spoilers come standard on the t sport i take it. The spoiler just really does finish the car off, looks much better.

the t sport spoiler is a more 'extreme' spoiler in the sense that its obvious it is on the car and you cant miss it. my car has the optional more 'streamlined' spoiler on as the person who bought it new from factory must have specified i will take a picture and post it tomorrow for you. my car is t-spirit so doesnt have the tte spoiler or the side skirts which is a real bummer as i too am wanting to change the wheels...

can someone help me please...will 17" wheels with a 30mm drop rub and do you think 30mm drop is enough or shall i go for 40/45mm drop?

also is it best to lower the car by using tte springs (30mm drop far as i know) or use a coilover kit which is much more expensive?

can someone help me please...will 17" wheels with a 30mm drop rub and do you think 30mm drop is enough or shall i go for 40/45mm drop?

also is it best to lower the car by using tte springs (30mm drop far as i know) or use a coilover kit which is much more expensive?

Hey,

17" with a 30mm drop won't rub at all.

I had mine lowered with coilovers first, for 50mm, and that only rubbed when cornering very hard.

If u go for a 30mm drop, choose TTE or Eibach.

For 45mm i'd also go for Eibach (TTE doesn't lower with 45mm springs i think).

And about coilovers: i have got KW variant 2 coilovers, dropped with 70mm (in combination with smaller tire size on my 17" alloys) and having no problems with rubbing. The only thing rubbing is my bottom plate :P

My opinion: 45mm drop ;)

Hope i helped you a bit.

Grtz

the t sport spoiler is a more 'extreme' spoiler in the sense that its obvious it is on the car and you cant miss it. my car has the optional more 'streamlined' spoiler on as the person who bought it new from factory must have specified i will take a picture and post it tomorrow for you. my car is t-spirit so doesnt have the tte spoiler or the side skirts which is a real bummer as i too am wanting to change the wheels...

Cheers buddy

Hey,

17" with a 30mm drop won't rub at all.

I had mine lowered with coilovers first, for 50mm, and that only rubbed when cornering very hard.

If u go for a 30mm drop, choose TTE or Eibach.

For 45mm i'd also go for Eibach (TTE doesn't lower with 45mm springs i think).

And about coilovers: i have got KW variant 2 coilovers, dropped with 70mm (in combination with smaller tire size on my 17" alloys) and having no problems with rubbing. The only thing rubbing is my bottom plate :P

My opinion: 45mm drop ;)

Hope i helped you a bit.

Grtz

i have had some problems trying to find springs to drop my 2.0d4d 45mm and also i have been told in order to drop 40mm or more new shorter shocks will be required is this true?

in this case i will go for 35mm drop since 30mm is too little. choices i have found are spax ssx 35mm drop, eibach pro kit 30mm drop, and gmax springs 40mm drop or pi lowering springs 35mm drop out of these which one would you go for? i would prefer a good brand such as Eibach however the larger 40mm drop of the gmax springs seems attractive...help me please!

i have had some problems trying to find springs to drop my 2.0d4d 45mm and also i have been told in order to drop 40mm or more new shorter shocks will be required is this true?

in this case i will go for 35mm drop since 30mm is too little. choices i have found are spax ssx 35mm drop, eibach pro kit 30mm drop, and gmax springs 40mm drop or pi lowering springs 35mm drop out of these which one would you go for? i would prefer a good brand such as eibach however the larger 40mm drop of the gmax springs seems attractive...help me please!

I have heard the same things about the shocks, but can't tell you if it's true, don't know anybody who uses 45mm drop springs.

And i'd go for the gmax springs (it's not thát expensive, worth trying :) ).

Grtz

Go with H&R 45mm springs very good combo for a near coil-over like stance and good adequate handling upgrade on stock shock absorbers.

Go with H&R 45mm springs very good combo for a near coil-over like stance and good adequate handling upgrade on stock shock absorbers.

:crybaby: i can't find 45mm H&R springs for my corolla. They make them for almost any model BUT my 2.0D4d. if you could find me some or point me with a link i wouldn't mind using H&R since i've been told they are of good quality by a fair few people.

the spax ssx ones seem of the best quality from the description, aparantly they are made to german tuv standards which are some of the toughest in europe?

by your statement im correct in thinking you dont need to uprate the shocks even when dropping more than 40mm with springs?

They may not have it listed bro, the diesels i think share the same suspension and shock absorbers as the t-sport.

Only the compressor had uprated shock absorbers, The t-sports have the same shocks as the other corolla varients the only difference was the actual spring size.

the diesel shares the brake setup as far as i know too (275mm discs) rather than the normal corollas. hopefully i'll be able to find H&R springs for it somewhere.

do you think the Eibach springs are good? ive personally heard good things about them and 30mm is a good enough drop dont you think? ive got 2 heavy subs in the car on order and i tend to drive with full compliment of 4 adults so i need to bare that in mind too so 30mm will be ok what do you think?

Get these wheels LOL!!!!!!

IMG_0702.jpg

ahaha those wheels are legendary!! shame they won't fit on my rolla lol :P