Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Classicfm Reception

Lauriedenton

[fontWhy do I get a very poor reception from ClassicFM in my new Auris car...the car dealer where I bought the car say they cannot do anything about it...is it because Toyota do not put a very good radio in their cars or what...I am very keen to get this sorted as I love listening to ClassicFM on my journeys...I did ask the car dealer to make sure I could get ClassicFM but unfortunately this did not happen...your advise would be very much appreciated...regards Lauriedenton (mlbden@aol.com) please email me direct if you wish=Verdana]

What about Classic FM... where's your question dissappeared too ;)

I wondered that as well...my problem is that I bought a new Auris Toyota last March and ever since have not been able to get a good reception on ClassicFM...the car dealer has looked at the radio and says that they cannot do anything about it...I really love listening to ClassicFM in my car...what can I do about it please? Have you any suggestions ? One person told me that the radios in Toyota cars are not very good but with a machine worth £14000 you would think they would complete the job properly with a good radion...your advise and guidance in this matter would be appreciated...regards Laurie

I wondered that as well...my problem is that I bought a new Auris Toyota last March and ever since have not been able to get a good reception on ClassicFM...the car dealer has looked at the radio and says that they cannot do anything about it...I really love listening to ClassicFM in my car...what can I do about it please? Have you any suggestions ? One person told me that the radios in Toyota cars are not very good but with a machine worth £14000 you would think they would complete the job properly with a good radion...your advise and guidance in this matter would be appreciated...regards Laurie

Is it continuously bad or do you get quite spells when the noise drowns out the music? On mine electrical loads cause the latter problem, toyota do have a kit of ferrite beads to solve it.

It is worse if you have an MM gearbox, that has an electric clutch so whenever it changes gear, for whatever random reason, the radio reception fails.

Chris

The newer auris's have dab aint classic on dab?

Is it just CFM that's the problem ? and what does it do ?

Make sure you are tuned to 101.1mhz (101.8mhz north lancashire) Main transmitter is Holme Moss for the North West.

I think CFM transmits on a lot lower power than the national channels so that could be one reason it's affected. Do you have "af" switched on on the display. That's alternative frequency and the radio tries to find the same channel but from a stronger transmitter... try turning it off after haveing stored the channel manually (try 101.1 and 101.8 to see which is best). Sometimes it keeps switching between alternative if the signal is marginal.

Chris... mine's a new Auris and that doesn't have DAB. No mention of it in any brochures etc I saw at the time. DAB is all "up in the air" so to speak at the moment, with the UK using the original format. There was too much uncertainty as to whether DAB would be retained in it's present form or changed to DAB plus.... meaning that all original DAB only radios would be obsolete.

An alternative would be a DAB radio tuner like the Pure Highway - which works in a similar way to MP3 tuners. The Highway is £ 62 at Amazon.

An alternative would be a DAB radio tuner like the Pure Highway - which works in a similar way to MP3 tuners. The Highway is £ 62 at Amazon.

Thank you for that...all suggestions are welcome but I really think that it is Toyota's responsibility to sort this out and not for me to start paying out again to put it right...I do not mean to be rude but it is farcical for someone to buy something at a price of £14,000=00 and not get what was requested when it was purchased...both Toyota and the car dealer appear to have washed their hands of it...regards Laurie

Thank you for that...all suggestions are welcome but I really think that it is Toyota's responsibility to sort this out and not for me to start paying out again to put it right...I do not mean to be rude but it is farcical for someone to buy something at a price of £14,000=00 and not get what was requested when it was purchased...both Toyota and the car dealer appear to have washed their hands of it...regards Laurie

I find the garage I use to be pretty useless too, constant broken promises and farcial confusion. But for the handbrake kit I posed as a paying customer at another garage, once I had the part numbers the original garage could hardly keep telling me there was no solution.

There is a kit for radio reception, you should get it under warranty, you just need to find the details from somewhere. I have asked my local garage 3 times now for myself, still being ignored.

Chris

ps The new 2010 aurises in the showroom have DAB, they are unlikley to obsolete all the existing DAB units with DAB plus.

I find the garage I use to be pretty useless too, constant broken promises and farcial confusion. But for the handbrake kit I posed as a paying customer at another garage, once I had the part numbers the original garage could hardly keep telling me there was no solution.

There is a kit for radio reception, you should get it under warranty, you just need to find the details from somewhere. I have asked my local garage 3 times now for myself, still being ignored.

Chris

ps The new 2010 aurises in the showroom have DAB, they are unlikley to obsolete all the existing DAB units with DAB plus.

Thank you for your message...I have decided to write to Toyota with a copy being sent to the car dealer in the hope that they may do something for me...I am happy with the car and the service afforded me by the car dealer...the only trouble ( a big one for me as I love listening to ClassicFM) is that the radio is not fit for purpose and they should really do something to overcome this problem...regards Laurie

• 3 months later...

I have had the kit fitted now, for the MMT this meant a new gearbox control module and radio supply loom. Radio 4 no longer breaks up when the gears change so it worked.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links