Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Useless Display Replaced

Ruud-from-Holland

Everyone driving the iQ without the Navi, knows the useless display on top of the dash. It just shows that the airbag is on and that someone is not wearing their seatbelt.

I replaced the display for a new one with the lcd-screen of my nokia bleutooth handsfree kit and the lcd-screen of my rearview camera.

Normally these displays should have found their place somewhere on the dashboard. I think this is a better solution.

Display-3.jpg

Display-2.jpg

Display-1.jpg

Sweeeeeeet!!! How much are you charging Ruud?!

Hay Ruud,looks a good job :thumbsup: ,maybe you should get a job with toyota R&D.

When can you book me in too ;).....

• Like 1

Hay Ruud,looks a good job :thumbsup: ,maybe you should get a job with toyota R&D.

Thank you guys, I'm sorry but this is a one time job. It's to difficult to do this one for others because I needed to saw and cut in the original dash and besides you'll have to find another bluetooth unit with display to build-in.

But nevertheless I'm pretty proud on the result.

Thank you guys, I'm sorry but this is a one time job. It's to difficult to do this one for others because I needed to saw and cut in the original dash and besides you'll have to find another bluetooth unit with display to build-in.

But nevertheless I'm pretty proud on the result.

Nice one, Ruud. I really like the camera. If you come up with a magic box that will improve my fuel consumption ten-fold, let me know! :)

Saw and cut in the original dash?

What does this do to your warranty?

In the event of an electrical fire, how would your insurance company view your claim? Did you tell them of the mod?

Quote(Saw and cut in the original dash?

In the event of an electrical fire, how would your insurance company view your claim? Did you tell them of the mod?)

If you look through other posts by Ruud you'll probably find that he's done loads of electric type mods around his IQ so I'm sure that he's aware of the implications whether they be insurance or warranty based

Si

Is that a custom tray below the climate control buttons??

Can I have a look at that? I think that tray can be very handy to hold stuff :)

Is that a custom tray below the climate control buttons??

Can I have a look at that? I think that tray can be very handy to hold stuff :)

Hi Barry,

that's another thing I made, I missed an ashtray and some storage-room, so I made this.

Middenconsole.jpg

Thats a very interesting design, I have managed to add in a storage for coins etc in another location

1278328574-DSC03353.JPG

This box fits perfectly in between the two seat and it can hold wallet, drinks, mobile, bag of chips etc :)

In the event of an electrical fire, how would your insurance company view your claim? Did you tell them of the mod?)

If you look through other posts by Ruud you'll probably find that he's done loads of electric type mods around his IQ so I'm sure that he's aware of the implications whether they be insurance or warranty based

Si

That's very enlightening and I am very happy for Ruud to be in possession of the answers to my questions.

However, this is a forum where like-minded individuals exchange information and the object of asking questions is to receive a response that satisfies gaps in knowledge. Therefore, having left the clairvoyant's course after the fifth week due to commitments in my levitation evening classes, my ability to read Ruud's mind has been greatly compromised, so how about he just answers the questions?

Si

That's very enlightening and I am very happy for Ruud to be in possession of the answers to my questions.

However, this is a forum where like-minded individuals exchange information and the object of asking questions is to receive a response that satisfies gaps in knowledge. Therefore, having left the clairvoyant's course after the fifth week due to commitments in my levitation evening classes, my ability to read Ruud's mind has been greatly compromised, so how about he just answers the questions?

I'm very sorry Telecastration, that my English is not that good that I understand more then ten words you wrote here, but I understand that you demand an answer from me.

First of all, I mod everything I like to my car without telling the insurance. They have nothing to do with the modifications unless it inproves the value of the insured object. In that case thay will say that you didn't pay enough, so you'll receive a lower insurance fee.

Regarding the cutting an sawing I did for the display, that is just a minor cutting of some plastic of the housing of the original display, which is , by the way, still connected, but no longer visible. I cannot see that it has anything to do with warranty, unless I will complain about the things I did myself. Regarding all of my other electrical mods, I perform these in a proper and solid way with the right fuses where needed. Because the iQ is not equiped with a sofisticated bus-system every electrical mod is fairly simple to monitor and will not affect the standard electrical system or car-computer.

Of course, in case of a dispute, the dealer could give me a hard time, but I trust my own abbilities to make every mod as good as possible.

I hope this satisfies your knowledge gap about this issue.

Regards,

Ruud

Thats a very interesting design, I have managed to add in a storage for coins etc in another location

This box fits perfectly in between the two seat and it can hold wallet, drinks, mobile, bag of chips etc :)

Hi Barry,

for storing stuff between the chairs I made this:

Armsteun-3.jpg

Armsteun-5.jpg

Armsteun-1.jpg

Therefore, having left the clairvoyant's course after the fifth week due to commitments in my levitation evening classes, my ability to read Ruud's mind has been greatly compromised

Nice to see that you completed the sarcasm and wit course with honours though ;-)

Si

Therefore, having left the clairvoyant's course after the fifth week due to commitments in my levitation evening classes, my ability to read Ruud's mind has been greatly compromised

Nice to see that you completed the sarcasm and wit course with honours though ;-)

Si

Well, there must be another reason that we drive an iQ in stead of , for example, an Aygo.

Si

Well, there must be another reason that we drive an iQ in stead of , for example, an Aygo.

You raise an excellent point and it would have satisfying to see you qualify your statement with that other reason.

Having owned both Aygo and iQ, the winner in terms of practicality and performance is clear.