Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed Increase

Rider_4_lyf

I just bought a corolla 1.6 vvti t3 05 model and I am just saving up for a induction kit and full system exhaust. currently I do 0-60 in 9 secs and want to drop it down to around 7. any ideas what other mods I could do. I tried the remaping but I dont think they do it for this model?

I am going to be controversial here and do not wish to seem disrespectful but....

you own a 1600cc car.... it not a sports car.... if you want significantly more speed then I suggest you buy a faster model such as a T-sport or look for a nice Celica yes.gif

Remember that if you wish to make a car faster then there is a trade off in that you are quite possibly going to have to uprate items such as the brakes and possibly the suspension plus of course you must tell your insurance company.

Often uprating is not the way to go.... good luck with whatever you do thumbsup.gif

Knock it down to 7? Could buy a TSport instead? :P Seriously though..the TS does 0-60 just under 7, so it's gonna be hard work for the 1.6. There's not a lot you can do with the 1.6, pretty much induction and exhaust and they won't make much difference in terms of performance more just noise.

Tbh, you bought the wrong car if your after performance bud..I had a 1.6 then bought a TS instead. Just enjoy it for what it is mate :thumbsup:

As said above you will be hard pressed to make a 1.6 as quick as the 1.8 T Sport variant....

PS I've merged the two identical topics you had into this one thumbsup.gif

it will cost you thousands to get the 0-60 down to 7 seconds.its not worth it.

i've driven the 1.6vvti (my own is a 2.0d4d) and all i can say is it is the best 1.6 naturally aspirated engine i've driven. the vauhalls and fords are no go for me, they are unreliable. the golf 1.6fsi is a good refined engine but lacks a certain zing which the corolla engine has for me. audi with a 1.6, whats the point. what i am trying to say is although you may not get it as fast as you like you have a damn good engine in a fine car..enjoy it for what it is...a very good economical 1.6L engine!

thanks for the advice lads, thing is that it was either this or a 1.5 yaris which are fast but not ma cup of tea. Im gunna buy a t sport but thats like 2 years down the line when I can get insured for it. My insurance companys just crap so I gotta wait til im 21, but i guess this will do until then.

Get a GTi... 1.6 4A-GE with 127-130BHP standard, and then mod it to about 150BHP using fairly basic parts. :D

I own a 1.6 and when i first bought it, i wanted more speed on it too, just like you, iv contemplated remapping, induction kits and what not but i think what everyone else has said is just about right, best thing to do is keep the 1.6 standard and drive it around, and save up for a t-sport for later on. Good Luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links