Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Expert Advice Required Asap Please

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

RE MY 2001 51 TOYOTA AVENSIS HATCHBACK 1.8 VVTI SR 86500 miles on clock

MY engine warning light came on the other day...had a diagnostic check done today...found 1 error which was:

code P0155, bank 2 sensor 1, o2 heater circuit

a)Has anyone else had this fault code P0155...and replaced the faulty sensor and still had any problems?

b)Which sensor is it that i need to replace? NOBODY SEEMS TO HAVE A CLUE AND TOYOTA WONT TELL ME!!! dear lord!!!

c)Is it possible if i replace my sensor...will the others follow shortly after?

d)How can one tell if their CAT is on its way out/becoming faulty???

Thanks in advance and would really appreciate any comment/feedback

SAM

RE MY 2001 51 TOYOTA AVENSIS HATCHBACK 1.8 VVTI SR 86500 miles on clock

MY engine warning light came on the other day...had a diagnostic check done today...found 1 error which was:

code P0155, bank 2 sensor 1, o2 heater circuit

a)Has anyone else had this fault code P0155...and replaced the faulty sensor and still had any problems?

b)Which sensor is it that i need to replace? NOBODY SEEMS TO HAVE A CLUE AND TOYOTA WONT TELL ME!!! dear lord!!!

c)Is it possible if i replace my sensor...will the others follow shortly after?

d)How can one tell if their CAT is on its way out/becoming faulty???

Thanks in advance and would really appreciate any comment/feedback

SAM

Hi Sam,

Haven't you sorted those little problems yet ? :rolleyes:

A. Well you can only take the error on face value and replace the sensor first, it could be somnething else as detailed on this site, but that it the first thing that must be replaced and eliminated from the loop.

B. You say you have had the code read - by who ? and why could they not tell you which one it is physically ?

There is a way you can identify it for your self - if it was a local garage rather than Toyota who did the code reading they could do this, otherwise have a look at buying a code reader for yourself, there are some cheaper ones on the market, have seen some in Halfords - Gunsons I think.

My link

My link

Anyway, assuming you have just had the ECU error memory cleared, then disconnect one sensor so it creates an error - read the code -is it PO155 - no , reconnect the sensor, clear the ecu memory again and ty the next one - ( do you have 2 or 4 sensors ? )

C. Sods law always applies - but why should the others fail ..other than old age like the duff one.

D. Given that the engine is running perfectly, then if the Emission test fails it may be the CAT, but given your current engine problems and 15 mpg I would say forget about the Cat until everything else is running properly.

Hey thanks for the above reply....much much appreciated...and those links make very interesting reading indeed.

Recent update now...spoke to a toyota technician earlier today after i made my post...he wasn't very friendly at all...but i read out my error message...firstly he said P0155 means nothing to them as they have their own diagnostic machines with their own codes!!! secondly he didn't know (even though they have my reg/chassis details on their computer) as to whether i have 2,3,or 4 sensors! And if i understood correctly...he said bank 2 sensor 1 means i need to replace two of my sensors...bank 2 he said means at the cat underneath the car...and sensor 1 he said means in the engine bay on the drivers side before the cat!

Now im even more confused and honestly i dont want to go to Toyota to have it diagnosed as he stated it would cost £60+ just to have a look at it!!!I had a look myself after that call...i think i might have 2 cats...1 under the car and the other under the manifold from inside the engine bay going down!

Again any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hey thanks for the above reply....much much appreciated...and those links make very interesting reading indeed.

Recent update now...spoke to a toyota technician earlier today after i made my post...he wasn't very friendly at all...but i read out my error message...firstly he said P0155 means nothing to them as they have their own diagnostic machines with their own codes!!! secondly he didn't know (even though they have my reg/chassis details on their computer) as to whether i have 2,3,or 4 sensors! And if i understood correctly...he said bank 2 sensor 1 means i need to replace two of my sensors...bank 2 he said means at the cat underneath the car...and sensor 1 he said means in the engine bay on the drivers side before the cat!

Now im even more confused and honestly i dont want to go to Toyota to have it diagnosed as he stated it would cost £60+ just to have a look at it!!!I had a look myself after that call...i think i might have 2 cats...1 under the car and the other under the manifold from inside the engine bay going down!

Again any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi,

The attached pdf is for what I think are the 02 model - not sure if your engine is one of those.

It clearly shows the sensors and there location.

If these are not the same as your engine then follow this advice from caveman where you should find your models details I think.

Have not used it myself

Caveman said in another recent thread

Most of the stiff you might need can be located here: http://www.toyota-tech.eu/

A couple of pound gets you an hours access which should be enough time to get all of the relevant bits you might need, and its direct from toyota.

sensors.pdf