Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oxygen Sensors

k8dillalio

My boyfriend recently left the cap off my engine after topping up my oil (MR2 roadster 2001). I drove 30 miles then called the AA as i was leaving a trail of black smoke behind me! A few days later the engine management light came on. I took it to the garage who, after reading the fault, said i needed to replace an oxygen sensor in Bank 1. I shelled out 200 quid, the next day the light came back on. The mechanic informed me that it is often advisable to change both sensors, however they only changed one. I booked the car back in, then the engine managment light decided to turn itself off. The garage said that as it had gone off, it would be best to leave it as it would be expensive to fix as they would have to break a seal or something?? but surprise, surprise, the light is back on! its running alright, but the engine gets very hot...it even smells hot, even after i drive 20 miles, it smells like i have driven it for days at 100mph. I dont know what to do...would i best off taking it to a toyota dealer?

Please help, as my garage does'nt seem to be able to!

Thank you

Kate :)

When you say then egine runs hot?? You mean the Temp gauge in your cluster says hot?? or it just feels hot?

>woops didnt even notice this was for a roadster<

If the engine is running hot then check if your fan is coming on!

Mine overheated because of that, luckily I was removing an air lock and stopped it before it got at all serious.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links