Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Are Interior Rattles On Aygo`s To Be Expected

ChillAygo

I have the odd interior rattles on my aygo coming from the dash and somewhere on the drivers door near my ear. I cant hear them on smooth roads just bumpy roads. Are rattles pretty much gaurenteed on aygos due to the lack of interior and the plastics as its built to a price. The plastics are ok but obviously not soft touch etc. I wouldnt expect soft touch on a cheap city car. Its not a major issue for me. Most cars I have had have rattles. Just wondering.

Thanks

I ve started to get rattles from the passenger seat. Upon investigation on a bumpy road. I noticed its the "latch" thats making the noise. Its the metal latch at the front of the seat you pull up to move the eat thats making the noise. Anyone on here have a solution?

I've constantly got a rattle coming from above me, I can hear it in my left ear. However, the person sitting in the passenger seat hears it from their right ear, and says it's coming from my side of the car! But for me, it's the opposite! Very odd indeed. It sounds like it's coming from the headlining to me.

But otherwise yes, I think rattles are to be expected in quite a few cars. They can be dreadfully annoying though! Just gotta get used to it or turn the stereo up! :)

I ve started to get rattles from the passenger seat. Upon investigation on a bumpy road. I noticed its the "latch" thats making the noise. Its the metal latch at the front of the seat you pull up to move the eat thats making the noise. Anyone on here have a solution?

Use an elastic band to tie it down, it won't stop the operation and it won't show...

Use an elastic band to tie it down, it won't stop the operation and it won't show...

or change the springs, depending on how deformed they are

I took mine back for rattles 3 days after buying it, they filled my A-pillars with some mattress stuffing type material, it worked well.

Sometimes, these rattles are best left alone. The plastics and fixings in the Aygo are not the best. We know it has hard plastics and made-to-a-budget; so in trying to solve a rattle, the Dealer may inadvertently cause more elsewhere as more and more trims pieces are removed to fix the original rattle.

I'm for enjoying the car, accept it for what it is and the odd rattle should be part of the character of the car :)

(Ours doesn't rattle and thats after 13 months and 12K miles ...)

Thats where mine rattles from ill have to have a look at this when i get it back from the garage :)

Yeah, mine rattles on bumpy roads too. It's coming from both the plastic covers on the inside where the side mirrors are attached. So the ones around the knob/lever you use to adjust the mirrors.

I really need to get that fixed, but perhaps it's an easy enough DIY job too.

The left tweeter (on the window arm thing) rattles like crazy! it drives me insane, I dont know if this is the same with other aygo models but it looks asif the plastic on the arms of the front window which house the tweeters has come away, its now all loose, im not sure if it was like this to start with, is yours the same? push on the tweeters and see if it moves or is it set againts the arm?

I think I know what I mean lol, Hope i made sense.

The left tweeter (on the window arm thing) rattles like crazy! it drives me insane, I dont know if this is the same with other aygo models but it looks asif the plastic on the arms of the front window which house the tweeters has come away, its now all loose, im not sure if it was like this to start with, is yours the same? push on the tweeters and see if it moves or is it set againts the arm?

I think I know what I mean lol, Hope i made sense.

I took mine back to the dealers about this, they said it's just a design fault and stuffed the pillar full of padding to make it less floppy, they also said it's because of where the Speakers are that causes the problem. It sticks out like a big lump around the Speakers, right? I've thought about gluing them on with some bonding adhesive, I don't think they will ever need to be removed so it probably wouldn't cause any problems...it really annoys me too though, it looks stupid as well.

See this pic from Toyota doesn't have the Speakers and the pillar doesn't stick out much at all:

toyotaaygointerior.jpg

Also, the dealers told me that you can buy the pillar trim blank, without the hole cut in for the tweeter. If it bothers you that much you could move the tweeters or remove them completely (I'm not sure what they do exactly in terms of sound, my radio isn't even tuned it).

Mine is rattling from excatly the same place on both side, it is booked to for a visit to MR T on wednesday

Sorry, wrong topic.

Please remove

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links