Do Not Sell My Personal Information

£20 Road Tax

AYGO EA

Taxed the car just the other day. . . .£20 :yahoo: First time I've laughed while handing over the dosh!

I know, you can't fall off with £20 for a year, i was only paying £35 for year on my smart but £20 is even better!

I can go just a little better than that one! - collected my wife's brand new Aygo from the dealer the other day - road tax cost for first year nil then 20 per year thereafter, first two paid by the dealer

- not only that, but my Gen 2 Prius is only 15 quid this year!!!!

This was te first time I have looked forward to paying RFL too ;)

£20 for the year - you can't go wrong!

Hmm... I'm paying 290£ road tax per year for my Aygo. Just gotta love Norway.

Holds chest and falls over!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: cant believe that, even in Norway, but why is it so much? or do you not pay tax on your wages, and get taxed higher on products?

In The Netherlands road tax for ALL Aygo's and it's cousins is exempt now...

My first year of ownership I paid €16 a month, then it went to €8 a month (or €84

if paid for a whole year in advance) and later down to €4 a month (or £36 a year).

Over here it has to do with the emissions being below 109 gr CO2/km, which also gets

you a tax-benefit on "BPM" (Passenger Car Tax, which only exsist in The Netherlands).

This tax is only to be paid when a car is bought new and under current legislation these

relatively clean cars will not be taxed, which shoudl have resuletd in about €2000 benefit.

Unfortunately the manuafactors took it upon them to keep their cars at about

the same list price, so the tax-benefit is flowing into their accounst instead :-(

Holds chest and falls over!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: cant believe that, even in Norway, but why is it so much? or do you not pay tax on your wages, and get taxed higher on products?

We pay tax on our wages, yes. The 290£ road tax is something you have to pay no matter what car you have, in order to keep your licence plates. You also pay taxes when you buy a car, calculated by the cars CO2-emission, horsepower and weight. I paid 15 000£ for my Aygo, and a nice family car like a Ford Mondeo starts at 28 000£.

• 2 weeks later...

I always used to cry when paying my car tax as it was over £200 a year for my Camry....now it is the price of a take out...can't complain.

just renewed the rfl on my gen2 prius -10 pounds !!!!!!! What a result. Wheni change itfora gen3 next year it's free so I've finally managed to screw the chancellor instead of him !Removed! me!!

You can guess why I'm a happy bunny

I can't wait to pay mine.....i'm going into the local DVLA office & ask for 6 months, & then pay in 50 pence pieces. :D

I can't wait to pay mine.....i'm going into the local DVLA office & ask for 6 months, & then pay in 50 pence pieces. :D

Not sure 6 months is an option pal.... Think when you tax the lower bands, 12 months is the only option :crybaby:

I can't wait to pay mine.....i'm going into the local DVLA office & ask for 6 months, & then pay in 50 pence pieces. biggrin.gif

Sorry annually only, still it should keep the old biddies waiting while you count out forty coins... thumbsup.giflaugh.gifyahoo.gif

Not sure 6 months is an option pal.... Think when you tax the lower bands, 12 months is the only option :crybaby:

I was being facetious, I can stretch to £20. (just) ;)

I was being facetious, I can stretch to £20. (just) ;)

Ok, so you go to the counter, give them 20 quid and ask them for 40 x 50p pieces. You then go to the back of the queue and when your turn at the counter arrives (hopefully with a different attendant) you give them back the 40 fifty p pieces...

Ergo you have made work for 2 people and got cheap rfl into the bargain ..... Lol

do it in 1p's just to really upset them :thumbsup:

Not an option as not legal tender for that amount. Legislation defines what is acceptable.

£5 (Crown) - for any amount

£2 - for any amount

£1 - for any amount

50p - for any amount not exceeding £10

25p (Crown) - for any amount not exceeding £10

20p - for any amount not exceeding £10

10p - for any amount not exceeding £5

5p - for any amount not exceeding £5

2p - for any amount not exceeding 20p

1p - for any amount not exceeding 20p