Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitted Aftermarket Horns ? A Warning From Rav4 World

dave.m

It does. You have to choose which way around to put them and on the newer (post 09) models they have moved to the passenger side. The only way I could make sure everything cleared properly was to remove the front bumper entirely.

with my racing rav, I put the 5-horn set in the gap next to the front offside strut, having run a wire back from the existing horn. Not much room up front with a 2nd radiator to serve the intercooler!!

Its not just recent stuff thats weak - the T Previa from the 1994-2000 models suffered from the radiator core disintegrating if one drove more than 70mph. I've had a few radiators replaced.

And then I heard that 7 T cars are being recalled, and I just thought that it must be 5 door diesel cars -something about an engine fault!

Not that I'm laughing - we paid £39,000 for a JCB 515-40 and it arrived with no regy plate as requested; a rip on the handbrake gaitor; the 6in1 bucket still to be manufactured so the loaned bucket doesn't fit the hook-up; and now after 18 hours the diesel burning engine is hunting...we haven't even had a chance to fill it with our brand of home-made diesel!!! And we had to wait 3 days for the brutes pdi..... is there any wonder industry is in the shape its in??? :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:

Its not just recent stuff thats weak - the T Previa from the 1994-2000 models suffered from the radiator core disintegrating if one drove more than 70mph. I've had a few radiators replaced.

Strange; I have driven both of my 94-2000 Previas at well over 100mph without any problems and regularly cruise down the M5-M4 and across France at 85mph; I put 254,000 miles on the first, and the 2nd is currently at 168,000 miles.

My family has owned 5, total mileage about 700,000 miles and only one breakdown, when an alternator died on the M25 en-route to Gatwick.

Strange; I have driven both of my 94-2000 Previas at well over 100mph without any problems and regularly cruise down the M5-M4 and across France at 85mph; I put 254,000 miles on the first, and the 2nd is currently at 168,000 miles.

My family has owned 5, total mileage about 700,000 miles and only one breakdown, when an alternator died on the M25 en-route to Gatwick.

lucky chap!!!! Better take the cardboard out in case it overheats/ - just joking! :lol: Must be the Scottish rain????

Whats Scottish rain got to do with it?? I live in the Midlands!!!

The only time I have had an overheating issue with a Previa was while driving a little too enthusiasticly up the Grand Massiff with "Winter" oil in; towards the end of the skiing season in March 2008.

Had to stop at about 8,500 ft and pack snow around the engine to help it cool down!!!!

Mind you; you know all those little metal fillers between the radiator pipes, that help dissipate the heat?? All those fell out YEARS ago!!!!

Whats Scottish rain got to do with it?? I live in the Midlands!!!

The only time I have had an overheating issue with a Previa was while driving a little too enthusiasticly up the Grand Massiff with "Winter" oil in; towards the end of the skiing season in March 2008.

Had to stop at about 8,500 ft and pack snow around the engine to help it cool down!!!!

Mind you; you know all those little metal fillers between the radiator pipes, that help dissipate the heat?? All those fell out YEARS ago!!!!

- missed mypoint - the Scottish rain is radioactive.

and you've confirmed my point - the radiator disintegrates at speed - ie the little vanes - thats there for a reason - to cool the water.