Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris New Light Clusters Rear

toytech80

new or old  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which rear lights do you prefer new or old

Im thinking of getting the new style rear lights ,just wanted to know what everyone thought :thumbsup:I prefer the new ones think i can swap them over look more euro style for me

post-65704-127801347726_thumb.jpg

post-65704-127801349609_thumb.jpg

You got any pics?? blink.gif

Do they even gonna fit? They look like the shape is slightly different. Have you checked that? If so, I would like the new ones as well ;) Although the new front look is what I like in the refreshed auris better than the new tail lights.

My auris 2.0 L D4D

6091155933489_435.jpg

15580538500329_433.jpg

7185998878245_446.jpg

3367348731450_451.jpg

I like the new ones better as well. They should fit... here's a preface car with facelift lights.

I have to check what the price is on these.

Don't you think that the new rear lights "link in" with the headlights better?

Im thinking of getting the new style rear lights ,just wanted to know what everyone thought :thumbsup:I prefer the new ones think i can swap them over look more euro style for me

Old for me

Does anyone know the make of Alloy on jdmare's car??:help:

Think they might look well on my auris too!!!!!!

Imo old light all the way

The car belongs to Vince-RS. You can send him a PM and ask, but he doesn't speak english, so you'll have to use google translator I guess. He understands french.

Yes, it's not my car... I can ask Vince in french and post his answer in english.

Yes, it's not my car... I can ask Vince in french and post his answer in english.

Thanks for that mate :thumbsup: I can barely speak english :lol:

I found the answer actually without asking him. It's RH ALURAD (a German alloy wheels company) model Crossline in 8,5x19 with 35mm offset. They have also two piece and three piece versions, but Auris fitment seams to be available only in one-piece design... it still looks like split rim construction because of the polished lip and bolts. He fitted 225/35 R19 tires and is dropped on KW variant 3 coilovers, if I am not mistaken. ;)

He was saying something about the rear lights fitment that I don't quite get due to the automatic translation he used. I'll ask him about that, to get this thread back on topic. :D

So, here's what Vince said. We need the outer plastic clusters and the inner piece where the bulbs are installed. Apparently there are some different bulbs used as well as being slightly repositioned. So, no way to use the old circuit-board for the bulbs. I kind of figured that this would be the case, but unfortunately it means this mod is going to cost much more. :crybaby:

Now, the other thing that Vince said is that the shape of the new lenses is more convex, they are more arched, stick out more in a way. So the lower edge does not quite line up with the bumper, look at the pic he just posted. After knowing what to look for, I think you can actually see it already in the second and also the last picture above. So, the gap can be seen from quite a distance. :(

I am not really worried because my car is black, but perhaps it will help someone else save their money, if the gap will be too visible. :thumbsup: