Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Models

viowithcrailtap

Hey Guys,

I just joined this forum today.

I bought a 2007 Yaris Zinc a month a go. I like it, nice drive good on fuel etc. On the way back from work today I saw an SR Yaris '07 plate and i was just wondering if the SR is the top end Yaris?

I've got a friend who has an T Sport Rolla and I want something with a bit more guts now.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Hey Guys,

I just joined this forum today.

I bought a 2007 Yaris Zinc a month a go. I like it, nice drive good on fuel etc. On the way back from work today I saw an SR Yaris '07 plate and i was just wondering if the SR is the top end Yaris?

I've got a friend who has an T Sport Rolla and I want something with a bit more guts now.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

You could get the 1.8 Yaris but there quite rare i believe. The older model 1.5 T-Sport (105bhp) are plenty available though and are often percieved as being the quickest Yaris of all. :thumbsup:

Yah the Yaris 1.8 SR is the quickest one :D I have one of those.

You can tell the difference between a 1.8SR and a 1.3SR by the rear. The 1.8 has a lower bumper with fog lights on it and the rear break lights are round and LEDs.

2894_155265665284_829660284_6455522_5778641_n.jpg

Power to weight ratio babyg388?

The 1.5 T-Sport will take some beating. You may have a 1.8 but it's a heavier car. I bet a drag race would be closer than you think! ;)

The 1.8SR has straight line superiority between 30-70mph. Off the mark they are no different as the TS is much lighter, however the torque bonus from the bigger engine will have the 1.8 inching in front.

However its nowhere near as "chuckable" as the TS which you can launch into roundabouts and tight bends and come out with a smile, while the 1.8SR will have you wondering if the steering wheel is actually connected to the front wheels.

In short... the SR is slightly quicker in a straight line, but the TS will obliterate it round the bends.

Also the SR ofcourse only has the US market derived 1.8 with about 140bhp, some TS's in the past have had straight forward mods and produced the same power. Couple with a decent set of coilovers and you have a very nippy and fun gokart like car.

I dont know much about the SR 1.8 but I think the TS would be quicker.

Off the line the TS is lighter so should get to 60 quicker. Mine does it in mid 8s easily. On a running start id say the SR would pull away just cause its got more torque and power also top, top end I think the SR has a higher top speed and probably pulls better from 110 - 120+ mph

Overall Id say it depends on the driver/s of the car/s. I know plenty of people who cant drive no matter drive fast.