Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Psi

Glyyde

Just wondering what PSI do you keep your tyres running at for best MPG?

My gen 2 has recommended 35PSI front 33PSI rear. I keep them 1PSI above these figures. I have not noticed any change in fuel consumption in the use of either of these pressures. If the pressures are put any higher I think the road noise is higher and the ride not very smooth over poorly surfaced roads. I always use the same tyre gauge to set the pressures.

38psi front and back in my gen3.

I know some members are happy to run at higher psi than recommended, but I would think long and hard about doing so. You'll probably be OK 1 or maybe 2 psi over but any more and you get more risk of blow out, a harsher ride, lighter steering and if you have a serious accident and plod finds you were running your tyres way over spec you'll end up in big trouble.

The car is already very efficient and will easily return good mpg's. I know some run their tyres high but I personally don't think it worth the risk, however unlikely you'll crash or get caught.

FYI: Not counting punctures due to foriegn objects piercing the tyre, Higher PSI = Less risk of a blowout, Too low PSI = tyre heats up and blows out.

I run mine at normal recommended pressures, with the 17" wheels the ride gets too harsh if I up them and I'm getting 57-58 mpg on my short (3 mile) urban commute to work.

Tyre pressures are dependant on wheel/tyre size. The 15" wheels are 38psi and the 17" are 33psi but you should always refer to the vehicle handbook. If you don't have the handbook available then just ask you local dealer and they will be happy to give you the information.

Tyre pressures are dependant on wheel/tyre size. The 15" wheels are 38psi and the 17" are 33psi but you should always refer to the vehicle handbook. If you don't have the handbook available then just ask you local dealer and they will be happy to give you the information.

42 front 40 rear.

did it for 3 years with gen2 and continue with Gen 3

MPG is definetly effected, currently 75mpg as per the computer.