Do Not Sell My Personal Information

South Korea Professor Charged Over 'holy Water' Fraud

Raistlin

_48224967_005111499-1.jpg

A South Korean professor who claimed he could make tap water into holy water will face fraud charges, police say.

The man, named as Prof Kim, claimed he could digitally capture the elements of holy water from Lourdes, France, that believers say has healing powers.

He had sold devices to more than 5,000 people, making almost 1.7bn won ($1.3m, £870,000).

Eight people, including Prof Kim's wife and brother-in-law, will also be charged.

The famous shrine to the Virgin Mary at Lourdes offers water which some believe has healing powers.

Mr Kim had claimed his ceramic and paper filters, and plastic cards used in water purifiers, had captured those powers for onward transmission.

He and his associates allegedly told customers that different devices cured different illnesses, including diabetes and tumours.

"Professor Kim says if the medical properties are changed into digital signals, and radiated onto any water, the water will adapt those properties," the JoongAng Ilbo newspaper quoted police as saying.

But police said experts had confirmed that this was "completely impossible, based on no scientific evidence".

The police also said that the people who had bought the devices had complained when they did not work.

i can think of loads of other devices that claim to work and don't, QVC sell a lot of that stuff

I don't have any faith in Holy Water, be it from Lourdes or anywhere else :no: but I do believe in the power of "Belief" & if someone believes in Holy Water, be it genuine or not & it helps them, who am I to condemn it?

"Whatever helps you get through this life, is right & good for you " :thumbsup:

I don't have any faith in Holy Water, be it from Lourdes or anywhere else no.gif but I do believe in the power of "Belief" & if someone believes in Holy Water, be it genuine or not & it helps them, who am I to condemn it?

"Whatever helps you get through this life, is right & good for you " thumbsup.gif

That would account for some of your other life giving interests... eek.gif

I don't have any faith in Holy Water, be it from Lourdes or anywhere else no.gif but I do believe in the power of "Belief" & if someone believes in Holy Water, be it genuine or not & it helps them, who am I to condemn it?

"Whatever helps you get through this life, is right & good for you " thumbsup.gif

That would account for some of your other life giving interests... eek.gif

Shhhhhhh :blush: You know too much <_< :fear:

I keep telling you, information is power thumbsup.gif

Power corrupts & total Power corrupts totally ! :saddam:

Power corrupts & total Power corrupts totally ! saddam.gif

Would you rather be the bullet or the wall ?

Power corrupts & total Power corrupts totally ! saddam.gif

Would you rather be the bullet or the wall ?

Better chance being the Bullet, as I seem to be impervious to your barbed remarks :lol: If I can withstand them I'm fairly impervious to any projectiles :yes:

Vic, your tongue is so sharp I surprised you haven't bled to death yet... yes.gif

Vic, your tongue is so sharp I surprised you haven't bled to death yet... yes.gif

as the Englishman said to the Irishman....... (see above)

God, you Celts are all the same, A mouth as fast as your cars yahoo.gif Well yours anyway...

God, you Celts are all the same, A mouth as fast as your cars yahoo.gif Well yours anyway...

the English are just as fast but nobody listens :yahoo::lol: :lol:

the English are just as fast but nobody listens yahoo.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I think you'll find that Celts don't have the intellect to keep up... thumbsup.gif

the English are just as fast but nobody listens yahoo.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I think you'll find that Celts don't have the intellect to keep up... thumbsup.gif

you are of course completely correct - we get bored so quickly that we can't be bothered waiting for a reaction - bit like the English football team I suppose.... but they are just naturally ungifted

Nasty people have been known to say that I am a right Bleeder! :crybaby: :( :help:

Nasty people have been known to say that I am a right Bleeder! crybaby.gifsad.gifhelpsmilie.gif

That's because you full of Rat poison, a treatment for pests... rolleyes.gif

Nasty people have been known to say that I am a right Bleeder! crybaby.gifsad.gifhelpsmilie.gif

Thank God I'm not on that yet :o 300mg of Aspirin per day- rots your stomach, but what the Hell :D My daily slurp of red wine is a counter measure [i tell myself :yes: ]

Thank God I'm not on that yet ohmy.gif 300mg of Aspirin per day- rots your stomach, but what the Hell biggrin.gif My daily slurp of red wine is a counter measure [i tell myself yes.gif ]

Well we all knew you whined wined every day :D

Thank God I'm not on that yet ohmy.gif 300mg of Aspirin per day- rots your stomach, but what the Hell biggrin.gif My daily slurp of red wine is a counter measure [i tell myself yes.gif ]

Well we all knew you whined wined every day :D

Lucky you that you corrected that typo [?] in time :ffs: :bash::bangin: :lol2:

I would have had to retaliate with extreme .........erm :blushing: can't think of the bloody word :crybaby:an American euphemism for killing :death:

Prejudice thumbsup.gif

Thanks, Raist :lol: That would have driven mad [more so than normal] until I got it :P

I can't stop a chap from getting it :D

I can't stop a chap from getting it :D

Don't even think about it! :boxing:

I can't stop a chap from getting it biggrin.gif

Don't even think about it! boxing.gif

I meant the sweet J xxx