Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reliability

forevered

having been a member of this forum for about 4 weeks im amazed at the problems you guys have bbeen getting with your auris.

before i bought my auris about a month ago i had a nissan almera 02 reg , which i bought from a main nissan dealer when the car was 3 months old.

it was a underpowered 1.5 and had covered 86000 miles without anything other than the air con packing in about a year ago.the car was naff , but boy was it reliable.was on holiday with the family in cornwall the week before i got the auris and started to have trouble with the origanal clutch.

so decided when i got home i would swap it for a auris, which i thought would be even more reliable !

in the 4 weeks ive had it ive had the brake noise, which i must admit seems to have been fixed by benfield toyota leeds, complained about the clunk while releasing the clutch, told was normal. and now the cars booked in on wednesday for a new clutch master cylinder because the clutch pedal creaks when cars been on a run(have my doubts about this fix)

starting to wish id bought the naf almera replacement the nissan note !

You want to look at the problems VW/Audi/BMW/Merc/Ford/Vauxhall etc owners have ;)

I'm amazed how few "real" problems there are on the Toyota forums tbh, which is not to make light of any issues you have, just to try and put it all in context.

the thing i am most happy with is the deal i got on the fixed price servicing when i bought the auris with 22k on the clock

i got the next 3 services for £346 which i think is a good deal, what do you guys think ?

It sounds good. I took the plan out for 7 years, and it covers (got it in writing) recommended "optional" work such as brake fluid changes as well as MOT's etc. Comes to £15 a month DD. Normally don't go for things like this but it made sense. They also said the price of the special oil 0/20 grade is expensive... but do they actually use that ;) They infer they do, as they made that a big selling point of the plan.

cant say ive had a problem with my volkswagen, and mine is a 2011 build so if things were as bad as mentioned above, i would be first to know

that was for mooly btw

cant say ive had a problem with my volkswagen, and mine is a 2011 build so if things were as bad as mentioned above, i would be first to know

but again you have only had the car around 6 weeks and will guess you have done less than 2000miles as well.

My list of Auris issues wasn't much shorter. I was driving VAG cars for years and I had some issues o n l y with Golf IV, but it never was back to the dealer countless times like Auris. In my opinion every VAG driver can say "You want to look at the problems Toyota owners have". VAG never advertised their cars as being uber-reliable. Toyota did.

We've had four Toyotas from new - a 1996 Corolla, a 1998 Corolla, a 2006 Corolla and my present 59 Auris. On the 96 Corolla the only issue we had was with a creaking rear suspension - cured by the dealer using a silicon lubricant - and on my 06 Corolla the tailgate hydraulic struts had begun creaking and were showing signs of corrosion - replaced under warranty. All the Corollas were kept for three years. I've had the Auris since October 2009, and experienced no issues as yet.

Since Renault and Nissan have shared platforms, etc, it seems that Nissan are suffering more electrical problems than previously - so the Note may not be any better than your Auris.

We've had a mixture of new Nissans, Hondas, Mazdas and Toyotas - and, with the exception of our current Mazda 2 (57 reg), have experienced a similar lack of problems. Our Mazda 2 is the 'old' model which was based on the Fiesta/Fusion and built by Ford on the Fiesta/Fusion production line at Valencia. We had the coil pack and the HT lead fail in 2008 - Mazda UK kepy us waiting 10 weeks for a new HT Lead, before I insisted they fit the equivalent Ford HT lead (no problems since). Mazda eventually gave us the next service free of cost when I gave them chapter and verse on a customer satisfaction survey. Two new tyres at the second service (the free service, paid by Mazda) prompted a tracking check - the tracking on both front wheels was so far out the very-experienced tyre fitting company said it could never have been caused by kerbing, potholes, etc and that the tracking must have been out when it left the factory (they used to do a lot of similar work on new Rovers/MG's in the last couple of years before Rover went).

Most forums are where members can post questions about car issues - rarely do forums contain much, if any, comment on how pleased people are with their cars. Bit like stories of Rover cars - you only ever heard of the bad experiences, seldom the good experiences.

I used to be an absolute Volkswagen fan, having owned 8 of them (6 from new), but the last two finished me off with the brand. Countless times to the dealer losing my car for up to a week at a time, while having to drive a 1.2 Polo courtesy car. The dynamics of the VW brand are brilliant, I love the look of the new Scirocco, but after owning two disasters from VW I'm just not going there.

I'm now on my third Toyota, the only minor issue I've had was taking my previous car a Yaris back to the dealer twice for recalls, otherwise absolutely no problems at all, my personal experience of the two brands is such that I would not buy a VAG car, I would certainly buy another Toyota.

As a family 6 Toyotas from new, two Carina II's 1.6L. Clutch replaced on one (mine) when mentioned at first service it juddered from cold... reason was the change to asbestos free linings, a known issue dealt with immediately. Both cars kept around 5 to 6 years. Carina E kept for 9 years... recall on rear suspension bushes and int electrical fault on instrument pack... gauges dropped to zero now and again. Fixed promptly. Corolla 1.4 four door saloon 2002... still 100% no faults. My 02 TSport kept 8 years. One weeping front shocker... out of warranty £117 ish all in. And my new Auris, touch wood all OK... in fact it's the nicest of any I think :)

I left toyota because i wanted an automatic hot hatch or sport coupe but unfortunatly toyota have gone all liberal and green and dont do such cars anymore so i defected to vag. My sister has a dreadful 1.6 vw beatle convertible but she has had this for just over 2 years and it hasnt had any problems, my dad has had his big v8 bmw since 2005 and he hasnt had any problems so with this in mind i defected to german made cars, something i thought i would never do. My auris had to go back for the steering recall, the ecu recall and the pedal recall. Previously i had a rav4 2.0 petrol and before that i had a corolla t3 1.6 petrol of which both did not have any issues at all. The auris t180 that i had was a great car but i can understand why some people were not happy with the build quality or reliability. The interior of the last model corrolla when compared to the auris is far superior i have to say which is a damn shame. I hope toyota get out of this greenie liberal mode and start to make cars like they used to once again.

Sorry but no modern car is going to be as good as earlier models.

The technology they pack in is unreliable and now costs are driven down so much during production we get what we get.

Personally very disappointed the way Toyota have gone but owners of other makes are far worse off.

Toyota has dropped the ball.

In all fairness with all the recalls and negative press, Toyota has properly set themselves backward by about 10 years in terms of reputation.

Then again you can see it as Toyota are being responsible for their mistakes, rarely will you see a big coporate bend over the way Toyota did for their mistakes.

This does not however excuse for their mistakes.

If I was asked whether I would buy another Toyota again then I would say a resounding yes, but that doesn't mean I would pick one say over a BMW. Thats the difference all this has made... I used to pick a Toyota over all other marque, now the playing field is level as far as i am concerned.

Add those 2 problems and both were fixed. Clutch only on the second time. What amazes me its not the problems but after almost 3 year since the car was out they still happen. Or is your car from a few back?

I left toyota because i wanted an automatic hot hatch or sport coupe but unfortunatly toyota have gone all liberal and green and dont do such cars anymore so i defected to vag. My sister has a dreadful 1.6 vw beatle convertible but she has had this for just over 2 years and it hasnt had any problems, my dad has had his big v8 bmw since 2005 and he hasnt had any problems so with this in mind i defected to german made cars, something i thought i would never do. My auris had to go back for the steering recall, the ecu recall and the pedal recall. Previously i had a rav4 2.0 petrol and before that i had a corolla t3 1.6 petrol of which both did not have any issues at all. The auris t180 that i had was a great car but i can understand why some people were not happy with the build quality or reliability. The interior of the last model corrolla when compared to the auris is far superior i have to say which is a damn shame. I hope toyota get out of this greenie liberal mode and start to make cars like they used to once again.

An honest, good post. I thought you'd left us but you have made some good points.(Although I am relatively new to Toyota and am still impressed, I have no older Toyota's to compare to)

I have left toyota yes but im still part of the forum because i have a good basis for comparison having owned different model toyotas that represent a large proportion of what toyota offers today. A yaris, corrolla, rav4 and auris have all been cars of mine. However, sorry to sound cliche they dont make em like they used too.

Mechanically the Auris should prove to be extremely reliable. However the build quality of the car is sub-standard and way below the level I expect for a car costing not far short of £20k new.

Mechanically the Auris should prove to be extremely reliable. However the build quality of the car is sub-standard and way below the level I expect for a car costing not far short of £20k new.

In what way do you find the build quality "substandard" ? Post #6 of this thread is a real example of "poor build quality".

In what way do you find the build quality "substandard" ? Post #6 of this thread is a real example of "poor build quality".

I've had the car 2mths.

• Rear interior light fell off while driving.
  • Front interior light hangs out slightly, it's poorly fitted.... and rattles
  • The silver trim lining the centre console fell off while driving.
  • The top of the center console popped out in hot weather.
  • The drivers seat became loose.
  • The switch for the keyless ignition needed replaced. Wouldn't start.
  • Rattles coming from sunroof.
  • Rattles coming from inside the dash.
  • The cover for the drivers side tweeter speaker fell off.

Mechanically I'm getting the issue with poor economy, and also now getting a clunk off the clutch when changing gears at lower revs.

I know it differs car to car, maybe I've just got a dog of a car, however had it 2mths and never had the chance to enjoy the car without something going wrong. It's been back at the dealer 3 times and on the back of a breakdown truck once.

Unfortunately my experiences with this car will see it be my first, and perhaps last Toyota (certainly for a good while) when I trade it in about 12mths time. I bought this marque based on reputation for quality, and reliability. I've been very disappointed.

Even just the general feel of the car is not what I'd expect from a +£19k car. Take the interior, I mean it's nearly very good, I like how it looks on first glance, and Toyota seem to of made some bits quite classy but... ruined it with the inconsistent use of cheaper plastics in places. I find it quite frustrating that for the sake of spending a few tens of pounds more per car during mass production, using better manufactured materials/components, could of IMO fixed a lot of the common Auris problems.

That's fair enough... I wouldn't be happy either with all those problems. Maybe these issues were addressed with the later version as I can't honestly fault mine after nearly 4 months/4000 miles (and I'm a fussy cookie too :))

When I was looking to change earlier in the year all the bad reports of the Auris were off putting, but after actually trying one and my (so far good experience) I'm really pleased.

Hope you get your problems sorted.

I've had the car 2mths.

Mechanically I'm getting the issue with poor economy, and also now getting a clunk off the clutch when changing gears at lower revs.

I know it differs car to car, maybe I've just got a dog of a car, however had it 2mths and never had the chance to enjoy the car without something going wrong. It's been back at the dealer 3 times and on the back of a breakdown truck once.

Unfortunately my experiences with this car will see it be my first, and perhaps last Toyota (certainly for a good while) when I trade it in about 12mths time. I bought this marque based on reputation for quality, and reliability. I've been very disappointed.

Even just the general feel of the car is not what I'd expect from a +£19k car. Take the interior, I mean it's nearly very good, I like how it looks on first glance, and Toyota seem to of made some bits quite classy but... ruined it with the inconsistent use of cheaper plastics in places. I find it quite frustrating that for the sake of spending a few tens of pounds more per car during mass production, using better manufactured materials/components, could of IMO fixed a lot of the common Auris problems.

Badger,

That is a comprehensive list of faults, some of which makes it sound like your car was built by drunk chimps.

My car is 3 years old and nothing has gone wrong on it (fingers crossed), I think you have got a rotten one of the bunch. Bad luck and i hope you get it sorted, I would also complaint to Toyota and get something back as a gesture.

only issue i had with mine was the 3 recalls and then the apalling 16.1 mpg i got a couple of months back.

Good car but certainly not what we have come to expect off toyota. Good engine though for sure.

I've had the car 2mths.