Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did You Get 1St Choice Colour ?

forevered

HAVING BOUGHT A USED SR IN SILVER STEEL, I MUST ADMIT IT WASNT MY FIRST CHOICE OF COLOUR, BUT AS THERE ARNT MANY SR"S ABOUT ON THE USED MARKET I COMPROMISED AND BOUGHT IT.

GIVEN THE COMPLETE CHOICE OF COLOURS MY 1ST CHOICE WOULD HAVE BEEN DARK BLUE THEN BLACK , THEN GREY AND MY SILVER NEXT

DONT THINK I COULD HAVE LIVED WITH THE LIGHT BLUE, AND DEF NOT THE RED. WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS ?

I got what I wanted as I bought my car when it was new. Had to wait for it quite long though as it had to be ordered from the factory. Did not want to compromise the colour or the options included, so... But it was worth it for sure!

I do not like red/light blue just like you, but wouldn't have wanted dark blue or the black one neither as they're difficult to keep clean and the swirls are very noticeable on very dark cars. Grey is a nice colour when talking about smaller Toyotas like Yaris and Auris, I keep it as a "Toyota's colour", kinda trademark of those cars, especially corolla which was replaced by the Auris.

I think cars are mostly quite boring when it comes to colours. Mostly silver, black or red. There should be more bright cars painted in interesting colours. On the other hand, most people would probably still want something "ordinary". At least I would, but I'm sure there'd be at least someone driving bright cars if such were available. Looking forward to see that day!

I managed to gat a dark blue one but silver would of been nice but as said these cars are thin on the ground in this model so was still pleased with it.

The only thing is the blue shows alot of fine scratches as said above,however when clean ,with the sun on it the metalic really pops and looks great!

On a cloudy day its hard to tell its metalic at all .so has two sides which i really like ,i dont like the black tho :D

I bought a used car so was limited in terms of what colours were available, I wanted Silver but the dealership only had grey - a local dealership had silver but at a cost of £500 more. The silver model had 10K less miles so I justified that and went for the silver instead.

My first Auris was Ixion Blue (the silver/blue metallic) and it was great because it just didnt show any marks.

My second is Eclipse Black, and it looks fantastic when clean on a bright summers day. It's just a good job that I am one of those people who washes there car every week.

I brought my SR from new and had the gun metal gray metalic. I was split between the gray and the white but the white would have been a nightmare to keep clean. I also found there were alot of white ones on the second hand market at the time but not many gray ones.

I am glad I went for the gray. When polished with the trusty "Mer polish", the paintwork looks like glass with the silver specks trapped underneath it. The only problem is some nice person hit my car with a Morrisons trolly and it does show the ding quite promenently due to the high gloss finish. If I had had the white I would have been less conspicious I think.

HAVING BOUGHT A USED SR IN SILVER STEEL, I MUST ADMIT IT WASNT MY FIRST CHOICE OF COLOUR, BUT AS THERE ARNT MANY SR"S ABOUT ON THE USED MARKET I COMPROMISED AND BOUGHT IT.

GIVEN THE COMPLETE CHOICE OF COLOURS MY 1ST CHOICE WOULD HAVE BEEN DARK BLUE THEN BLACK , THEN GREY AND MY SILVER NEXT

DONT THINK I COULD HAVE LIVED WITH THE LIGHT BLUE, AND DEF NOT THE RED. WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS ?

I wanted an SR180 so I took what I could find (price, mileage etc.). Ixion blue, if I'm honest I didn't think it was a "feature of the car" but now it's very much grown on me. Easy to keep clean, varies between silver and white, depending on the light. I had a "dark blue" SR 1600 which I loved, but it needed a lot of cleaning to keep it looking good (I probably haven't said that right, it always looked good, but you know what I mean)anyway the Ixion Blue always looks good, so much so that people comment on it, although I probably am a bit anal about keeping it clean. :thumbsup: