Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dvd Player Switches Off When Stopping!

Aussie313

Very annoying is that I have just bought a Jan 2008 (57) Verso T180 with DVD screens. All looks great and the player in the glove box is good as are the screens and headphones. However if I stop the car, still leaving the key fob in the dash it all switches off and doesnt come on again if i restart the engiine so I have to switch on the 2 screens and player and press play again! Is this a poor design or can various menus be set to restart it or is there a quickie way to press a button to get it all on again? Also is there any loud speaker option as my 3 year old is gonna break the headphones :-(

Very annoying is that I have just bought a Jan 2008 (57) Verso T180 with DVD screens. All looks great and the player in the glove box is good as are the screens and headphones. However if I stop the car, still leaving the key fob in the dash it all switches off and doesnt come on again if i restart the engiine so I have to switch on the 2 screens and player and press play again! Is this a poor design or can various menus be set to restart it or is there a quickie way to press a button to get it all on again? Also is there any loud speaker option as my 3 year old is gonna break the headphones :-(

hi ya doin pal? this is a complete pain in the neck that every time you cut the engine everything stops, unfortunitly to the best of my knowledge there is no getting away from this as i have the same problem with my t180!!

the loud speaker option!!!

well again there is no toyota option available,, but i brought mine to a in car entertainment store and the guy was going to be able to fix this problem for me for £80!!! what he was going to do was some how put the sound through the car Speakers,, but the only problem about this is you will have it blurring out while on long trips which will be very annoying.

i hva e a three year old as well and what we done was turn the head set up really loud and put them around his car seat at head height this worked for a while when he was younger but now to be honest he sits with them on with no problem, just remembering to turn the head sets off seem to be a major Battery problem for us lol

sorry i can't be of any more help but you are having the same problems as myself at the start

enjoy your T180 pal love mine to bits the best car i have ever owned and i have drove plenty of cars from BMW to Fiats etc though my t180 is giving me a slight head banging at the moment

This is normal, the only way to avoid this is to rewire the player to a constant 12v supply but you run the risk of forgetting to switch the player off.

As for playback through the car Speakers it can be done using an FM transmitter. If you search through this forum you will find a post with detailed instructions about this. I did it and it works.

Two thoughts:

1) If you go for the permenant live feed option the only one I have found is near the drivers door, behind the panel at the end of the dash (again a search on the forums should get you better instructions) but mine is 4 in September and I have lived with the issue since 2006 when she was born.

2) As well as fitting an FM transmitter using a 3.5mm jack splitter in the rear of the DVD I most often plug my ipod directly into the RGB sockets in the centre console (with a video out ccable) and use the FM transmitter plugged into this for all around sound - stays playing if we stop and it is easy to hit the monitor power on as required.