Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Stout

Stout Driver

Hello from Australia, I am looking for other Toyota Stout owners to exchange information about the vehicle.

Was this model popular in the UK? Was it sold there?

In Australia, it was renown for it's reliability, long life, and general toughness, they went forever and you could not break them!

There's quite a number of enthusiastic collectors here, and some in America I hear, looking for the Stout, so any info would be good.

There were two models sold in Australia.

The Lite Stout, a one ton utility, or sometimes seen with a flat tray - but the utility tray was more popular.

The Heavy Stout, which is slightly larger with an increased load capacity - but mainly had the flat tray rather than the utility tray.

I have attached a picture of my Heavy Stout showing the distinctive twin headlights and wing mirrors of this model.

Any contact about the Stout would be good. Thanks and cheers.

post-95898-127821577961_thumb.jpg

I have never seen or heard of this model before and I doubt it was ever sold over here in the UK huh.gif

I have never seen or heard of this model before and I doubt it was ever sold over here in the UK huh.gif

Thanks for your reply. What no Stouts? Maybe it's the name? But the word stout means strong, and they're really strong, so the name suits the vehicle. The best looking Toyota of them all. Beautiful. Here's a another picture to show what they look like. Cheers jack

post-95898-127828376832_thumb.jpg

....The best looking Toyota of them all. Beautiful.....

Well I don't know about that but what the heck.... we all like what we like. However, there is something about the car.... it is slightly good looking in an ugly sort of way huh.gifwink.gif

....The best looking Toyota of them all. Beautiful.....

Well I don't know about that but what the heck.... we all like what we like. However, there is something about the car.... it is slightly good looking in an ugly sort of way huh.gifwink.gif

You're starting see the Stout for what it is, beautiful... right now you can't see all it's beauty... but I think you will see more of it when you see some different pictures.

It's one of those vehicles that grows on you, and already you think it's slightly good looking from one picture.

I understand how you would think it's ugly. With the unusual position of it's turn lights sitting on top of the fenders like they are, looking like air vents running down to the cabin.

Slightly good looking in an ugly sort of way is a good way to describe it. Because that means you can see the beauty shining through... here's some more pictures... enjoy ...

post-95898-12783753291_thumb.jpg

post-95898-127837645421_thumb.jpg

post-95898-127837641006_thumb.jpg

post-95898-127837654435_thumb.jpg

post-95898-127837660417_thumb.jpg

post-95898-127837689251_thumb.jpg

post-95898-127837697734_thumb.jpg

post-95898-127837718749_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hello from Australia, I am looking for other Toyota Stout owners to exchange information about the vehicle.

Was this model popular in the UK? Was it sold there?

In Australia, it was renown for it's reliability, long life, and general toughness, they went forever and you could not break them!

There's quite a number of enthusiastic collectors here, and some in America I hear, looking for the Stout, so any info would be good.

There were two models sold in Australia.

The Lite Stout, a one ton utility, or sometimes seen with a flat tray - but the utility tray was more popular.

The Heavy Stout, which is slightly larger with an increased load capacity - but mainly had the flat tray rather than the utility tray.

I have attached a picture of my Heavy Stout showing the distinctive twin headlights and wing mirrors of this model.

Any contact about the Stout would be good. Thanks and cheers.

Hi Stout Driver!

Was pleasantly surprised to know that someone else in another part of the world is as passionate about Stouts as I am. I am from South Africa and I have my dad's Toyopet Stout 1900. This is a 1964 model, amongst the first Stouts that were made. It had a 1900cc 3R engine but my dad had put in a 5R Stallion engine. Stouts in SA were mostly the long wheel base ones (Stout 1900 and Stout 2000)but there were a few Stallions which were very much similar to your one but were short wheel base with smaller tyres. Both Stout 2000 and Stallion had the 2000cc 5R engine.

Yes,I agree they are absolutely beautiful looking vehicles and very robust. As you can see most of them are still surviving and in very good condition. My dad used his Stout in his building construction business as well as for farming. You can imagine the loads it had carried and the conditions it was driven in. It survived all this and still looks good. I hope to upload some photos soon.

I love the colour of your Stout. Is it a Stout 2000 or Stallion?

• 2 months later...

Hi - I have just been offered a Stout (no idea what yr. model) by a mate I helped out today - the thing is CUTE! I was wondering if it is a nightmare to get parts etc. It seems a very simple car and this one happens to be complete and running but hasn't been registered for 5 years. According to him it has a 5R motor in it and 4 speeds on the column. It has a drop side flatbed tray. Anyway, he is asking $1500 for it and I thought I might get it running and clean it all up then use it as a promotional vehicle for my small furniture making business.

Any help ... ideas .... comments ... advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Kilmore (where the 2009 bushfires were)

Victoria

Australia

• 11 years later...

I owned a Stout when I lived in South Africa, I bought it new, a 1973 model , 

• Like 1

AWESOME name.  I prefer bitter meself.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links