Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Busted Thermostat!

Lusty

BustedThermostat.jpg

This caused no end of grief as the small bit fell off and blocked up the water system and took ages to find and was the cause of my overheating problem!

BustedThermostat.jpg

This caused no end of grief as the small bit fell off and blocked up the water system and took ages to find and was the cause of my overheating problem!

The bit that broke off is supposed to close off the by-pass when the stat is open, the coolant then has to go through the radiator. If the by-pass stays open, coolant can just circulate around the engine without being cooled in the rad.

BustedThermostat.jpg

The bit that broke off is supposed to close off the by-pass when the stat is open, the coolant then has to go through the radiator. If the by-pass stays open, coolant can just circulate around the engine without being cooled in the rad.

That about sums it up.

My mechanic say's he's never seen one actually break before!