Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Fuel Gauge Fault

C58

04 plated yaris VVT-i - I think my fuel gauge is faulty. I put £10 of petrol in my car ( petrol price 114.9/L) and i triped my car to find out how many MPG i was really getting. I done 98.8miles on a tenner of unleaded petrol. So i filled my car up again with £10. This changed the fuel gauge from flashing single bar, to two solid bars and again i tripped my car, and after 4 or so miles, i had a single flashing bar again... I have repeated this a few times and i got the same result. There is no visible signs of a petrol leak, so i believe it to be my gauge or sensor... any thoughts on the matter?

If there is a fault of the sensor, whats the average pricing for replacement and fitting?

Plus - can i fit it myself?

Thanks

Craig

There's nothing wrong with it!

I can have 2 bars of fuel, drive 5miles and switch the engine off, restart it, it goes flashing on 1 bar, drive for another 5miles, turn it off then restart again a while later and it gone back to 2 bars!

My Yaris has allways done this and i think all the others have a tendancy to do it so don't worry.

98 miles off £10 of petrol is about what i get in mine urban driving so that's normal aswell. :)

• 2 months later...

There's nothing wrong with it!

I can have 2 bars of fuel, drive 5miles and switch the engine off, restart it, it goes flashing on 1 bar, drive for another 5miles, turn it off then restart again a while later and it gone back to 2 bars!

My Yaris has allways done this and i think all the others have a tendancy to do it so don't worry.

98 miles off £10 of petrol is about what i get in mine urban driving so that's normal aswell. :)

I had a 10 reg Yaris courtesy car the other day. When I got in at the dealer it had two bars showing on the fuel - after driving 7 miles the lower bar started flashing and told me I had 12 miles left!

If it makes you feel any better, mine can be 3 bars or 1 flashing depending on which way I park it on on a certain hill :lol:

If it makes you feel any better, mine can be 3 bars or 1 flashing depending on which way I park it on on a certain hill :lol:

I can beleive that! Mine has done it before aswell. :lol: