Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is The Ac Supposed To Be Cold?

piezo

I know the Aygo isn't big, and that the AC-system probably is in the same size ratio. But how cold should it be? My 1995 VW Passat blows much colder than the Aygo is capable of. Is this something I should get checked at the dealer, or is the AC just not that powerful?

Well sorry i am the bearer of bad news but mine is ice cold, perhaps yours simply needs a re-gas

When I put mine on I have to take the brass monkey to the welders... :D

My Aygo's air con is ice. Absolutely brilliant, takes about 10 seconds to get cold.

My mum's Merc takes about 10 minutes to get to half the coldness.

Stupid question, but you have moved the slider all the way over to cold haven't you?

I m with UBR32. My Aygo gets cold in about 10-20 secs. Might want to check up on your "coolant" levels

Another factor might be the blower-setting: these simple A/C-systems usually blow COLDER at LOW speeds, since then

the air has more time passing over the evaporator and thus gets chilled better at speed one than it does on speed four.

In my car I can get about 15ºC below exterior temperature directly at the blowers, resulting in about

7ºC below outside for the ambient temperature. And having DRY air in the car helps a lot too off course.

It also helps to roll down windows first, so the main heat can escape from the car befor you try filling it with colder air...

Use it or lose it.

I keep giving out this advice and hope people will pass it on.

Car air-con systems are slightly different from ones in buildings.

Some of the connections have to be made by rubber hoses.

These hoses are porous and will leak gas (refrigerant) over time.

To prevent this, oil is added to the air-con system which helps to seal these pipes.

Use your air-con for at least 5 minutes every week of the year to keep the pipes

coated in oil and and better sealed.

Your air-con will then last years longer before re-gassing than if all the gas is allowed to escape.

I had a recharge from empty at my home on a car which had a

punctured condenser. Done properly, this cost me £60.00 about 4 years ago.

As air-con becomes more standard, prices will fall.

Still cheaper to use it on a regular basis.

Ian.

Then a visit to the dealer it is! The cars only two years old, and I have used the AC regularly. Even at low fan speed, it just isn't that cold. And yes, I have moved the slider to the coldest setting ;)

I find my a/c is always ice cold, cooler than my old 59reg fiesta, rarely use my a/c as i find that having the fan setting on cold on speed 2 works for me, unless it is a really hot day, and driving over 50 then i will put the a/c on B)