Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Only T-Sport Compressor From Turkey Needs Help

quadir666

hello everyone,

i have a pre-facelift 2002 corolla t-sport. i got a 2nd hand tte compressor kit(with the ecu and everything) and installed it. we also installed an intercooler thinking about how hot it is in Turkey.(right now i am living in izmir, at this time of the year it is 38*C during the day and i guess our roads are even hotter, the city is in the sea level so the air pressure is 1 atm)

i have faced 2 problems after the installation.

1) the a/c doesnt work properly(gives hot air tho it is set to 16*C) when the car is in low rpms and low speeds. it works perfect when the car is fast and on high rpms. we also tried to stand still with the car when it is running and the a/c didnt work properly till we put an air winder(i am not sure if it is the right thing but u know those flywheels.) what can we do to provide a better air flow.

2) the engine light(yellow), trc off light and vsc light comes on sometimes then it goes away by removing power or it just disappears itself.

+ we have a switch to turn on and off the supercharger. do you think it may cause these engine,trc,vsc warnings? i dont know if the original corolla compressors have a switch cause there are at most 30-35 t-sports in Turkey and mine is the first one supercharged.

i really need help here. thanx a lot.

Sorry mate all I can answer on this one is that the compressor doesn't normally have a switch to turn on the charger :(

Sorry mate all I can answer on this one is that the compressor doesn't normally have a switch to turn on the charger :(

ok but how does it kick in in that case? btw i really wonder why nobody seems interested in this problem? normally people help real fast here... :S

btw the service said that the car takes too much air inside. they say it wont be a big problem. how can i solve these problems?

Problem is there may well be no experience of this problem so people are struggling to know how to help.

Wondering if you're having some sort of knocking problem. If the engine has been significantly tweaked with a supercharger might be more prevalent to knock and if it comes when you're on full power but disappears when you ease off that may point to ignition timing having an effect.

One simple test I can think for this is to try using a tank of 98RON fuel and see if the problem goes away/is less frequent

COMPRESSORS DON'T HAVE A SWITCH they have a electro-magnetic clutch on the supercharger pulley which operates via the throttle blade angle to engage the charger and they only take super un- leaded fuel 98 ron+ you may be in limp mode if not useing the correct fuel.

COMPRESSORS DON'T HAVE A SWITCH they have a electro-magnetic clutch on the supercharger pulley which operates via the throttle blade angle to engage the charger and they only take super un- leaded fuel 98 ron+ you may be in limp mode if not useing the correct fuel.

i use 98+ so thats not the problem. szuti said what we need is a piggyback because of the intercooler we use. maybe if we should fix the fuel intake then it may be solved.

btw we used a switch because we couldnt find what to do with the cables that comes out of the compressor.

btw we used a switch because we couldnt find what to do with the cables that comes out of the compressor.

i would expect that you should have additional wiring loom to connect to the compressor which should have come with the kit which then switches the compressor on and of or should i say disengages the pulley when you come of throttle and engages when back on

i use 98+ so thats not the problem. szuti said what we need is a piggyback because of the intercooler we use. maybe if we should fix the fuel intake then it may be solved.

Just so I am clear is the car currently mapped with the supercharger in situ. If you are running a standard fuel map for boost then this could be your problem. For example you are running standard map when the charger is on, so dangerously lean mixture. Boosted map when charger is switched off - really rather rich mixture.

Appologies maybe I didn't explain properly. I didn't mean it would cure the problem. My point was that if it affected how frequently the light came on or the circumstances under which it came on (i.e. if it's influencing engine knocking) then it may point you in the direction of how to resolve the problem (such as requiring a remap of the ECU)

i will ask szuti about the wiring... he knows what he send more than i know i got. :D so he probably has a better idea about it. i better get it solved because as you said the sc switch is useful but not such a good idea if i dont want that engine light on. thanks guys. i will let you know if i find the solution.

• 2 weeks later...

i would expect that you should have additional wiring loom to connect to the compressor which should have come with the kit which then switches the compressor on and of or should i say disengages the pulley when you come of throttle and engages when back on

ok we have the wire but what i wonder where does it end? right now we wired it directly to the Battery and we turn it on using that switch we made. but i guess it should be going somewhereelse not directly to the Battery.

I can't remember off the top of my head which one, but if you have the Compressor ECU you should also have the wiring harness which connects from the supercharger to an existing loom in the car. It's all detailed in the installation guide. Like commented on earlier here your mapping will be off depending on what position your switch is in.

Get rid of the switch and install the proper harness.

About the ac...have you ensured that you have got the right amount of coolant gas back into the system and vacuumed it properly? If memory serves it takes around half a liter of gas in it's liquid form.

I can't remember off the top of my head which one, but if you have the Compressor ECU you should also have the wiring harness which connects from the supercharger to an existing loom in the car. It's all detailed in the installation guide. Like commented on earlier here your mapping will be off depending on what position your switch is in.

Get rid of the switch and install the proper harness.

About the ac...have you ensured that you have got the right amount of coolant gas back into the system and vacuumed it properly? If memory serves it takes around half a liter of gas in it's liquid form.

unfortunately they didnt show anything about it on the installation guide. but i will ask my mechanic to get it done. i hope he can solve the problem. i agree with you about getting rid of the switch. but from what i understood it ends directly in the ecu rite?

i also got the gas and everything of the a/c done. it looks like it works much better than before. actually i feel cold inside the car though it is 40-45*C under the sun here. :D

hey guys,

so what i wanna know is where does the cable that comes out of this green box end?

i cant explain better than this... hope you can help.

post-92584-128117433643_thumb.jpg

hey guys,

so what i wanna know is where does the cable that comes out of this green box end?

I have the same thing and we connected from the Battery.

hey guys,

so do you turn it on/off with a switch or does the clutch work on its own?

hey guys,

so do you turn it on/off with a switch or does the clutch work on its own?

I cannot switch i just used a clutch for that.That's why you have check engine cause you don't have an e-manage ultimate and sometimes you when you turn on the charger you have more fuel and air,but there is no program on your ecu just a standard TS compressor program.And when you turn off the charger your ecu gives the same data for the engine.Come to messenger.My adress is the same like my e-mail what you already know!