Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Smt

MKK82

I recently bought my MR2 SMT 01(dont ask why!! should've read reviews before hand)

Typically with me, i always seem to get a bad deal as a month into my purchase, the gears seemed to lose its power with far less torque, the car also kept trying to tell me this by beeping as if it was in the wrong gear?

Ive done a bit of research and it all seems to point to an actuator problem within the gearbox. However nobody has mentioned the beeping noise which has occurred in mine.

does anyone know what this means?? Im DESPERATE to find out!!!

Hi and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your problems with the SMT :(

Unfortunately there isn't really much of a knowledge base here, you could try MR2 Roc for info about your symptoms but don't be a stranger to our forums we're quite friendly really ;)

Les

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought my MR2 SMT 01(dont ask why!! should've read reviews before hand)

Typically with me, i always seem to get a bad deal as a month into my purchase, the gears seemed to lose its power with far less torque, the car also kept trying to tell me this by beeping as if it was in the wrong gear?

Ive done a bit of research and it all seems to point to an actuator problem within the gearbox. However nobody has mentioned the beeping noise which has occurred in mine.

does anyone know what this means?? Im DESPERATE to find out!!!

Probably you clutch, honey. If you got a warranty return the vehicle as soon as possible, if you did not a new clutch is quiet expensive as the gearbox has to be removed. (If you can select gear but are losing drive and the engine still rev's ok!)

Yeh as pepe said, sounds like the clutch is slipping.

You will find it far more useful to go to and MR2 exclusive club because they will be more hardcore with it. :yes:

Trust me when I say you have no idea what a bad deal is until you've seen my AE92 :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links