Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Creaking Suspension?

caveman_si

Hi gents

Ive got an increasingly anoying creaking noise in the car that seems to be suspension related. The front of the car creaks/groans when starting off from a stand still/low speeds, kind of as the nose of the car rises and falls. The front right of the car creaks when going through slow left hand corners like at T junctions. (the front left doesnt seem to make any creaking noise when going through right handers)

Also the rear of the car also seems to creak a bit when going over speed bumps slowly or at time when there is a bit of body roll or what i would call slower/undulating bumps. Over pot holes and rough patchs at speed, I get nothing other the usual bump noise I would expect in any car.

If I grab the roof and rock the rear of the car you can hear the rear suspension creaking a little, and the same if i bounce the the front right.

The car is relativly low milage sub 35K miles and its not the clutch creaking when I pull away as that had been replaced.

So any body had anything similar or any idea what the issue is? I was thinking cracked or dry bushes in the suspension or possibly something worng with the shocks but Im at a complete loss and want an idea before I go to the garage.

Cheers

Hi ,

So, look at your brake pads.

there is a small metal staple who moves sometimes...

Just put it in the right place and that's it!

I've got the same nightmare until tonight..... and now it's over for a while;) I HOPE SO!!!!!

Bye

• 2 months later...

Hi gents

Ive got an increasingly anoying creaking noise in the car that seems to be suspension related. The front of the car creaks/groans when starting off from a stand still/low speeds, kind of as the nose of the car rises and falls. The front right of the car creaks when going through slow left hand corners like at T junctions. (the front left doesnt seem to make any creaking noise when going through right handers)

Also the rear of the car also seems to creak a bit when going over speed bumps slowly or at time when there is a bit of body roll or what i would call slower/undulating bumps. Over pot holes and rough patchs at speed, I get nothing other the usual bump noise I would expect in any car.

If I grab the roof and rock the rear of the car you can hear the rear suspension creaking a little, and the same if i bounce the the front right.

The car is relativly low milage sub 35K miles and its not the clutch creaking when I pull away as that had been replaced.

So any body had anything similar or any idea what the issue is? I was thinking cracked or dry bushes in the suspension or possibly something worng with the shocks but Im at a complete loss and want an idea before I go to the garage.

Cheers

Hi, did you ever get this fault fixed? my 2009 old model T180 has the same fault,only has 8000 on the clock, regards Chris.

Well the description of the problem is identical to a problem I had on an Audi A4... just one of dozens of faults but never mind :)

The problem was ball joints on the anti roll bars linkages. With the A4 it was a well known issue... I fixed mine by drilling with a 0.8mm drill into the rubber covers on the joint and using a hypo needle to inject a mixture of grease and oil... it took a few days to fully work in but never groaned again.

Looked like these,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A4-FRONT-ANTI-ROLL-BAR-STABILISER-LINK-95-01_W0QQitemZ320510881440QQihZ011QQcategoryZ10372QQcmdZViewItem

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links