Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Am I The Only One With A Very Good Avensis Out There ?

the666devil

I haven't really posted many times but always read the board daily.

My 2.0 D4D 53 T-spirit runs sweetly all the time. Apart from a Egr valve clean which cost £50 no other costs apart from service costs.

My wife loves the size of the boot which keeps me happy.

For the money i paid for it What can i say apart from wow for safety,specs,size and for me reliabilty.

Any other happy owners ?

Mileage is just over 107000 and keeps eating up those miles.

My 55 2.2 T-Spirit has kept me happy ever since i bought it. Done just over 78,000 miles and haven't had a problem apart from it doesn't always tend to start first time but im not the only one with the same problem.

My 50,000 mile 2005 T-Spirit is also terrific, only ever sees Mr T when a service is due...

Apart from damage (not the car's fault) been more than happy with my 2004 T3-X. Does what car should - get u from A to B with no fuss or bother.

My 2.0 D4D 53 T-spirit runs sweetly all the time. Apart from a Egr valve clean which cost £50 no other costs apart from service costs.

For the money i paid for it What can i say apart from wow for safety,specs,size and for me reliabilty.

Any other happy owners ?

Don't get the wrong impression just because people post problems on here. My 1998 GS was great till it had a few problems at 150,000 miles. Keeping this in perspective it is an R' Reg so things are bound to wear out. Till this year it had been an ultra reliable and dependable family car that covered huge numbers of miles faithfully. IF the problem proves to be the crank sensor then I'm hoping it'll cover another 150,000 miles, even if I sell it.

Perfectly happy with my 07 T3-X, although only covered 30K so far. Minor(ish) niggles - don't like the style of the standard 16" alloys, and there ain't a completely flat surface anywhere in the front to put my mug of coffee down on (won't fit in cupholder). Oh, and hate the auto wipers, would much prefer variable intermittent facility.

People come on forums for a reason, they have a question or a problem, or they are some kind of Toyota expert/geek - you will never see anything resembling a normal cross section of owners on here - these people just drive the car and feel happy, they do not post to forums about it.

I signed up looking if I can retrofit cruise control to my 2007 t3-s I just bought. It breezed through the service and has done 88k - boght for 5k at auction (ex-lease car), very happy so far, looks like new and enjoying the economy compared to previous car 2.0 turbo PETROL Saab.

I have a 2002 Vermont 1.8 with just over 40k miles on it, never any problems, just the usual tyres, brakes, servicing and a new Battery today. Thankful for this forum as I found how to re-set the auto function on the window after changing the Battery, I couldn't find that info in the Haynes manual. According to the trip computer I'm getting about 38mpg, which is close enough to my calculations, on a long run it's getting over 40mpg.

Any other happy owners ?

Have a 2002 Avensis Verso 2litre VVTI. Done about 80000 miles. Seven seats and away to go on holiday with 5 people, two dogs and a roof box. Car has never

missed a beat in the year we've had it. Just sailed through it's MOT with two advisories - tyres need replaced (which I knew) and rear brake disks need replaced. Did the front ones last year and will do the rears when I come back. Total cost of ownership so far - £315 excluding petrol. Done 9000 miles in a year. Alongside it we have a 2002 Ford focus 1.6 similar mileage etc. Chalk and cheese when it comes to cost of ownership. That's why I buy a decent Toyota.

I am the proud owner for 2 years of a 2005 D4D Estate. No problems to date, 50-55 mpg on the motorway, enought power at the top end for me.107,000 miles on the clock, done the last 2 services myself and love this car to bits. Can honestly say its the best car I have ever owned

It is true that most post on this forum have problems. My experience is that I have owned a 2005 1.8 VVTi for 3 months, I was worried when I read about oil burning engines, but my Avensis has not used a drop in over 3,000 miles. I get 44 mpg on a run which is good compared to other 1.8s that I have owned. It has cost me a lot of money so far, It cost me £300 for a leaking AC pipe which I blame on Toyota quality, the bends on the pipe were stressed and should not have leaked at 45,000 mile. The engine front under cover blew out of the bottom of the car, It's costing me £300 to have new covers fitted, this is partly through not having all the bolts refitted after a Toyota service, and myself catching a high curb. But it does seem to be a weak point on the Avensis, It's very low at the front and I am afraid to park it near a curb, also the securing of the covers is quite flimsy. I never had this problem before on other makes.

I am hoping that it is now going to last me many years and prove to be reliable.

My 2.2 T3-s on a 06 plate has done over 125000 miles and in the last 18 months that I've owned it's had new types and breaks. Very happy and well impressed .