Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Plastic Under Bumper Ripped

Dan T

I was on my way home from work down the motorway when I heard this big clunk noise and what sounded like wind rushing though something. Thought it might of been my front bumper but couldn't see anything. When I got home I had a better look and underneath the front I noticed the plastic on the passenger side has ripped.

The 2 bolts are missing and its hanging down, also forcing the plastic part inside the front of my passenger wheel arch to lean into the wheel. The plastic that is usually attached underneath has been so worn there's no way to just replace the screw as where it would fix has been worn down an inch or 2. I'm going to have to replace that plastic but I'm hoping it doesn't mean the need for a whole new bumper.

Anyone know what this part is? Whenever I search for parts they only bring up the front bumper, shock absorbers, brackets etc. Its non of that, just a whole lot of plastic under the engine bay.

It sounds like you are talking about the undertray. I had 3 screws come out on the driver side and mine folded under the car. Luckily there was no serious damage and I was able to get some more bolts to re-attach it. I have no idea how much it will cost to replace from Toyota, but I know that C-One do a single piece aluminium version with air vents so it might be worth trying to find a price for that at the same time as it is probably half the price of something Toyota have.

well my car needs a full new front bumper and a full new under tray i have a 2.0d4d. i went to dealer they said around £150 for bumper which i thought fair enough. when i asked about under tray it comes in 2 pieces for my car and they totalled something like £270! i nearly had a heart attack in the dealership! guess that under tray will mean a trip to the scrap yard no way im going to pay that much for a bit of plastic.

try getting in touch with kingo, i remember the price he quoted me for under tray was cheaper than my local dealer. just give him the reg and he should be able to sort it out.

Why don't you just try drilling a few holes and put some self tapping screws in, might be worth a try if you can see somewhere meaty enough to get some bite with a screw.

Dan it sounds like your mentioning the passenger arch splashshield which comes under the bumper at either side, quite an easy job to do if it is that!

• Like 1

If it's the under-shield it's probably better to get an aftermarket part instead of a Toyota part as they will sting you with the price. Try to avoid plastic if you can and use sturdy screws instead of those crappy plastic ones.

Dan it sounds like your mentioning the passenger arch splashshield which comes under the bumper at either side, quite an easy job to do if it is that!

Yeah that sounds like it. The plastic is also part of the arch that is around the front end of my wheel.

I've attached some pictures:

post-93373-127854284359_thumb.jpg

post-93373-127854285403_thumb.jpg

post-93373-127854286376_thumb.jpg

post-93373-127854287467_thumb.jpg

As you can see with picture 4 its the whole piece of plastic across the top that is loose which is also part of the plastic around the front of the wheel arch.

Where would I be able to find the part?

• Like 1

Heres the part numbers and diagrams for the under tray areas,

The Wheel arches meet at up and bolt onto front bumper,

The first undertray is a single piece which bolts onto the lower bumper lip and then slides into the upper under tray which hides the suspension and cross member.

Might be easier pointing it out on the diagram and seeing which exact clips and parts you need rather than replacing all of it.

If you need better pictures let me know quickly did this whilst at work.

:thumbsup:

arches.jpg

Undertray1.jpg

Undertray2.jpg

It looks like ill need 53876A (wheel arch) and 51442C, aswell as the screws to put them back in if the holes haven't been ripped apart. Can't find anything on eBay though =\

check toyodiy.com put in your car reference,

model is corolla zze123 rhd

insert the top part of the part number for example 53876A and it will give you a full part number specific to your chassis.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links