Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Tyres

sisaven

Hi, All,

I currently have, (fitted from New) on my 2008 1.3 Yaris TR 5 door Manual, = a set of “Dunlop SP Sport 2030“ 185/60R15 84H tyres

I have never been a fan of Dunlop in the past, in fact in the past 30yrs or so, I have only ever purchased “Michelin” or “Goodyear” tyres, = However, =

The above mentioned Dunlop’s have been an Excellent Tyre as regard Grip in the Wet,& Dry, road condition’s, but they produce a lot of road noise, and Wear Rapidly.

(I don't Race, Rally, or Sprint, have been Driving 49yrs)

Therefore I am Considering “Michelin Energy Saver” or “Dunlop SP Sport Fastresponse” as a probable replacement Tyre, = Is there anyone using these Tyres currently, and can you Recommend them, for Good, All Weather, Grip, and Wear. or are they to be avoided? Your Opinions, as always, would be greatly Appreciated

Many Thanks, Dave.

I cant really recommend any tyres I'm afraid but can make a suggestion as regards the size I have read lots on here about people fitting 195/50/15 although this may produce a slightly harder ride due to the lower profile you will find a much wider choice of tyres in that size as compared to the 185/60.

You will also notice a difference in price i.e. On Black circles there is uniroyal rain expert tyres....

185/60 H rated £60.57 each

195/50 H rated £51.66 each

These arent the tyres I have been looking at, I was looking at the rain expert 2 to put on in the autumn, As we dont have to much snow but a fair amount of rain over winter, and keep my continentals for summer use as I quite like them.

Like I say I cant really advise on tyres as only had my Yaris a few weeks but worth looking into the size options it also makes your speedo read under by 1mph due to the change in size so gives you a little extra lee way with the speed cameras, Hopefully someone with more knowledge on the subject will be able to advise you better ....Or just have a search through the forum.

Nick

Worth Checking out blackcircles.com seem to be quite good prices on there!

If you look on autoexpress.co.uk there are a couple of good tyre tests on there.

Also if you go onto mytyres.co.uk and select your size, you get a very good view of the tyres available and there are test results against most to compare.

Continentals always seem to get very goot test results as a good "all rounder" in both wet and dry. I've had a set of ContiSport3s on my A3 and I was very pleased with them and just bought the same again when they wore out.

From that I'd proably go with a conti tyre on the Yaris when they need replacing.

You're not going to go far wrong with any good branded tyre - and I see that's what your looking at anyway - but for the benefit of others reading this - don't skimp and buy a cheap "unknown make" tyre as you're potentially risking your life for the sake of a few quid.

There's an autocar test of several "cheap" tyres against a "premium branded" tyre and the difference in grip and performance was frightening....

The tyres are the only thing holding your car to the road and after reading that test, I'll only but a good branded tyre in future.

I have 4 Avon ZV3 fitted to mine (195/50/15) and can honestly say they have been great tyres, brilliant in the wet, low noise, good on fuel, look good and at £57 each, good value!

I would buy another set when they eventually wear out but they seem to last for ages. :thumbsup:

I used the same type of Bridgestone tyres that were supplied on my car from new for four years and consistantly got 16k out of the fronts and found them slippery in the wet. I finally changed about 18 months ago to Goodyear SP2's (and now a different Goodyear tyre) and found the grip in the wet much improved and I'm getting 20k out of them on the front.

I'm no tyre buff (as the above lame review will show) but I'll probably stick with Goodyears now, especially as my Toyota dealer had them for £55 the last time I needed some. I'd like to try Continentals but only at the right price.

I was just about to start a thread about Yaris tyres as the front on mine need changing soon. What are the best ones that I can buy for my Yaris?

Hi, All,

I currently have, (fitted from New) on my 2008 1.3 Yaris TR 5 door Manual, = a set of “Dunlop SP Sport 2030“ 185/60R15 84H tyres

I have never been a fan of Dunlop in the past, in fact in the past 30yrs or so, I have only ever purchased “Michelin” or “Goodyear” tyres, = However, =

The above mentioned Dunlop’s have been an Excellent Tyre as regard Grip in the Wet,& Dry, road condition’s, but they produce a lot of road noise, and Wear Rapidly.

(I don't Race, Rally, or Sprint, have been Driving 49yrs)

Therefore I am Considering “Michelin Energy Saver” or “Dunlop SP Sport Fastresponse” as a probable replacement Tyre, = Is there anyone using these Tyres currently, and can you Recommend them, for Good, All Weather, Grip, and Wear. or are they to be avoided? Your Opinions, as always, would be greatly Appreciated

Many Thanks, Dave.

Has anyone had a set of "Continental ContiEcoContact™ CP" 185/60R15 84H tyres, Fitted to Their Yaris? and if so how do you rate them? = The Spec's. on this tyre Tick all The Right Boxes, and all the Reviews I have read are very Good, (Unfortunately, the many Reviewers, did not include a single Yaris Driver)Thanks, .... Dave.

Has anyone had a set of "Continental ContiEcoContact™ CP" 185/60R15 84H tyres, Fitted to Their Yaris? and if so how do you rate them? = The Spec's. on this tyre Tick all The Right Boxes, and all the Reviews I have read are very Good, (Unfortunately, the many Reviewers, did not include a single Yaris Driver)Thanks, .... Dave.

I have not experienced any Continental tyres but they seem to be highly rated. Though the specific size tyre you refer to is not included here is a collection of their tyres as reviewed in Which? magazine (all Continental tyres received a 'Best Buy' approval):-

Continental EcoContact3 (155/70R13T) From £45.00

Continental EcoContact3 (165/70 R14T) From £53.00

Continental EcoContact 3 (175/65 R14T) From £50.00

Continental PremiumContact 2 (185/60 R14 H) From £58.00

Continental PremiumContact2 (195/65 R15V) From £63.00

Continental Premium Contact2 (205/55R16V) From £82.00

Continental PremiumContact 2 (205/55 R16W) From £82.00

Continental SportContact3 (225/45 R17 Y) From £109.00

Today I got a new set of front tyres for the TS I had two odd China cheapo remould things....Not actually remoulds but may as well have been! One of them was splitting down the middle and the inside lugs are coming away from the tyre so it had to go!

So I had a look round and in the visited my local National tyres, First option was some Barum?? no! then some Toyos...seemed to have mixed wet weather reviews so gave that a miss, Then he said have Bridgestone ER300 for £100 a pair, Sounded reasonable so had them fitted, I was quoted £285 elsewhere for 4 bridgestones so am quite pleased with the price, I have only had them on for maybe 10 miles but It did rain little while i was out first time in weeks!

I did a few quick starts and some heavy braking, I dont think it really span the wheels in the damp which I was a little surprised at as it looked quite greasy, and it seemed to pull up really quickly under hard braking, Although in the dry Going straight over some roundabouts it seemed a little "loose" but one of my rear tyres was on 17PSI so could have been that.

On the back at the moment is some ContiContact 2 I think which are on last legs, I will change these for 2 more bridgestones and then do a better review of them!

NIck

A little update, Took a little spin tonight in the TS and racked up about 80 miles, The bridgestones seemed to really impress me Going round long curving bends they seem to want to just turn in harder which I was a little surprised at, It seems I havent quite found the edge of the Yarii handling, They are 195/50/15 and to be honest seem quieter than the previous rubbish on there, on smooth road is really good, Just the noise from the engine!

I think I will definitely get them on the back, Obviously I can quite yet comment on wear.... But so far very impressed!

Nick

I think it is ludicrous and outright dangerous that some people either buy budget tyres or cheap nasty ones for their car. They are the only things between you and the road! Also, stopping distance is at least double and a whole load of other troubles! If I bought a car with cheap/dodgy tyres on them, first thing I’d do would be to get some decent ones on there!

I recently bought some new tyres for my car. Put the Good Year GT2’s on the front and the new Good Year DuraGrip’s on the back and already notice a big change in the way the car handles.

Always put new wheels on the back as Yaris’s are front wheel drive so the front ones tend to wear out quite quickly and ALWAYS buy a decent, well known brand!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links