Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Gb

andypat

Hello Everyone just thought i would let you all know i got my AYGO today.

But let me tell you about Toyota GB's lack of help.

To qualify for the 3 years servicing offer i had to have the car preregistered on the 30th June which i did.

Anyway last Sunday i decided to go to my local dealership to see what was happening as the car was due today.

When i got there i was told that the delivery date had slipped back to the 13th but the salesman said he would check up for me and ring me on Monday.

When he rang he said it had been a gliche on the system and that the car would be here on Tuesday.

He rang me to confirm that it had arrived and everything was back on schedule.

On Wednesday morning i recieved a phone call from the salesman that because the car had slipped back on the system that Toyota GB would not be honouring the deal and would i be prepared to pay another £105 towards the servicing costs of my AYGO with the dearlership paying about £300 towards the rest of the costs.

In the end i ended up paying the money but getting some extras free so i didn't pay the full costs.

Has anyone else had this problem as i believe that there are about 600+ cases like this in the country.

It would seem to me that if it's Toyota fault that the car was not eligible because of late delivery, they should honour the agreement for free servicing without you having to pay any extra. However, its probably one of those things that even if you have it in writing, there is some get out clause in the small print...

You were well within your rights to reject the car, I would have done that to scare them and then probably went to another dealer if they didn't agree to pay all of the servicing costs.

I picked up my aygo 3 weeks ago. Great car but similar problem with the free servicing. When my club toyota pack arrived there was nothing in it about the free servicing or the 5 yr warranty. To cut a long story short.... lots of phone calls to dealer and toyota GB and finally got a letter yesterday with my vouchers for free service and warranty certificate.

It's probably worth you chasing this is with toyota uk and try and get your money back and the free servicing as well. Surely the delay was not your fault!!

Hello Everyone

Just thought i would let everyone know that i have got the servicing sorted out and i got a refund off toyota of the £104.50 i paid extra so now i've got the 5 year warranty and 3 years free servcing.

And to make it a great day my rev counter turned up today and i fitted it in next to no time.

Cheers

I will say that I was very pleased with toyoyta when I received my Aygo. I ordered it around the 18th June, they received it and fitted the air con on the 24th June, and I picked it up on the 16th July, everything in good order and all my servicing and warranty stuff in the club toyota pack :) I wasn't aware it came with free recovery but was very pleased that it did!

I dealt with westover toyota, and i'm sure that it would be the seperate dealers fault rather than toyota itself!

Sorry to hear you had this problem!

The dealer fitted the A/C? Are you sure?

A lot of stuff is missing on cars without A/C,

so fitting one is absolutely NOT plug&play.

I had no help from Toyota GB when trying to sort out problems with an Approved Aygo through Fish Brothers Swindon.

If the dealer wouldn't help I would have thought Toyota GB is the place to try, but I still feel hard done by over a year later, and I'll never buy another thing from Fish Brothers, and Toyota have slid way down the ranking in customer service in my estimation.

• Like 1