Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 300Mph American Supercar Revealed

Raistlin

8AC52C7FE1788C1E0648DDE48AEC1.jpg

Supercar fans are set to have their boundaries redefined as a bold all-American company has unveiled a dramatic new 300mph concept.

Racing car experts TranStar will soon start building the mighty Dagger GT - a 2000hp road-legal supercar that the firm says wants to grab 'every major record' available.

This includes the title of fastest road car in the world, fastest off the start line and even the fastest car around Germany's reared Nurburgring.

It will earn the unknown brand rights to call itself 'the world's fastest brand', claim those behind the project.

That's because the twin-turbo engine produces a fearsome 1,300hp on pump fuel. And, use special race fuel, and this rockets to an unbelievable 2,000hp!

Behind the project is TranStar Racing, which has assembled what it describes as an 'All-Star design team'.

This includes one of the brains behind the Saleen S7 supercar, itself a near-250mph car.

Production of the mid-engined Dagger GT V8 supercar will start in very limited numbers by early next year. It is currently in the final stages of design.

The project will go ahead once 5 'letters of intent to purchase' are secured, which will account for 2011 production. A further 10 are planned in 2012.

Each will cost upwards of around £300,000 - which, to us, sounds something of a bargain for a 300mph car.

Indeed, when it is (as the firm claims it will be) independently verified at Bonneville, It will be the fastest car in the world.

Performance claims are incredible: 0-60mph in 1.5 seconds, standing quarter mile in 6.6 seconds (at which point, it will be doing 204mph).

The 300mph top speed will come through using race-mix fuel. At this speed, it will empty the tank in 6 minutes.

"Don't worry," says the company, "the road-legal tyres will have melted minutes before then."

Land speed tyres are thus optional...

A NASA aerodynamicist has done all the calculations based on technical data from TranStar Racing.

He's worked out everything is in place to crack the 300mph barrier - including the 2,000hp needed to overcome aerodynamic drag.

Three different models are planned: a racing version, a street-legal 'Sport' and a luxury 'GT-X'.

All will use a carbonfibre body, beneath which sits a 4130 Chromoloy high-strength steel chassis.

The rest of this mega car is also heavily reinforced to cope with the expected high stresses...

But he is good with body work and his new job is all about composite materials. thumbsup.gif

Was that Raistlin paying me a complement, and defending my honour at the same time!? :o

I must be dead.... :crybaby:

Still fact finding around the apprenticeship, I'm going to do my A-Levels first and then take it up. Really exciting stuff, just gotta keep my hands busy with body work now... :D

It was more in the ilk of:

"Wow, what a fabulous idea that is..." but said nice and slowly emphasising the "that" in a sarcastic manner biggrin.gif

You know it makes sense thumbsup.gif

Was that Raistlin paying me a complement, and defending my honour at the same time!? :o

I must be dead.... :crybaby:

Still fact finding around the apprenticeship, I'm going to do my A-Levels first and then take it up. Really exciting stuff, just gotta keep my hands busy with body work now... :D

Very glad to see the change in direction, Kynan :thumbsup:

"just gotta keep my hands busy with body work now... :D" Much better pastime & more natural than messing with cars :lol2:

He got ripped in six weeks eek.gif

:eek:You didn't get the double entendre ? :o

Please take to the bed immediately & swallow several Aspirins. You are definitely unwell :doctor::crybaby:

eek.gifYou didn't get the double entendre ? ohmy.gif

Please take to the bed immediately & swallow several Aspirins. You are definitely unwell doctor.gifcrybaby.gif

I did but he still got ripped whilst playing poker.... eek.gif

300mph.... ok. The yanks can produce a fast car that goes in a straight line but rarely around the twisty bits.... I look forward to the Nurburgring result yes.gif

As for the price.... it makes the £350,000 Lexus supercar look totally stupid laugh.gif

I must admit I thought about trading mine in but as will empty the tank in 6 minutes I am undecided :D.

I must admit I thought about trading mine in but as will empty the tank in 6 minutes I am undecided :D.

Get a towbar, Buy a tank on wheels & pull it after you. :lol: Simples :thumbsup:

So, go ahead & do the trade in :sneaky2:

300mph.... ok. The yanks can produce a fast car that goes in a straight line but rarely around the twisty bits.... I look forward to the Nurburgring result yes.gif

I thought the same thing.Great in a straight line but will never corner like a true supercar.Looks amazing though and I look forward to reading/watching more on this car :drool:

I thought the same thing.Great in a straight line but will never corner like a true supercar.Looks amazing though and I look forward to reading/watching more on this car :drool:

They've already done it. It's called the Bugatti Veyron. The Bug has more style and charisma in one wheelnut than that piece of recycled Coke tins has in its entire assembly. Not everything that comes out of the US is bad but sometimes a country has to know it has limitations. I get the impression it will be the product of Original British and European Thinking discovered long before.

As for the reference to NASA: this is the same company that brought us Challenger? !Removed! hell!