Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Headlight Bulbs- Need Advice

claresdad

Really would appreciate any help or advice on how to change the Passenger-side headlight bulb on a U/C AWD model. Have done the drivers side no problem at all (the rubber cover cap is a bit of a sod to put back on) but the passenger-side leaves a lot to be desired. If you have large hands there is noway you can get them down the back of the headlight assembly because of the intrusion of the rather large fuse box. The actual procedure to change the bulbs is a piece of cake but not if you have large hands. Any tips would be most welcome

Reason I am changing them is to replace standard bulbs with Philips Extreme 80% which are a class bulb.

Regards Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Tried and tried but had to end up eating humble pie and go to Autoelectrician to get it sorted.Even he said it was a difficult one to do!!!!

Regards Tony

• 1 month later...

As a final note I had to go out very early this morning (4.15am). Had put Phillips Xtreme 80% put in to replace OME bulbs, boy they are absolutly brilliant (excuse the pun).

Regards Tony

As you have discovered Changing the N/S headlamp bulb on U/C and Yaris is a very difficult and knuckle grazing job.

I never needed or managed to successfully change them on my Yaris.

A sad reflection on modern car design that many makes and models give problems when changing bulbs :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links