Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Door Locking?

BarryIQ

Hi, since I don't have a menu... I was wondering if the car can auto lock when I am a distance away from the car?

I have tested it and seems it doesn't work. Everytime I have to press the lock button manually to lock the car.

I remember the polo that I have bought around7 years ago already got the auto lock function... the car will automatically lock up after you bring the key like 10 yards away from it. Since this car got keyless entry, I assume it should have 'keyless lock' feature as well...

Can someone point out if there is such function for this car? If yes, then how does can I activate it and how does it work?

Cheers :)

Hi, since I don't have a menu... I was wondering if the car can auto lock when I am a distance away from the car?

I have tested it and seems it doesn't work. Everytime I have to press the lock button manually to lock the car.

I remember the polo that I have bought around7 years ago already got the auto lock function... the car will automatically lock up after you bring the key like 10 yards away from it. Since this car got keyless entry, I assume it should have 'keyless lock' feature as well...

Can someone point out if there is such function for this car? If yes, then how does can I activate it and how does it work?

Cheers :)

I am not sure we have this function on the IQ. I have keyless central locking, just a fob you keep in you pocket. I have had my car for a while and have just got used to locking it by touching the door handle. You just have to program you brain that it is locked :huh:

I often end up checking it is locked, only to grab the handle and unlock the car again :D

Hmmm... I am confused... let me simplify my concern in two questions:

1.)Does the keyless entry also provide the keyless lock function?

2.)If yes, then how exactly do I use it?

You can use the keyless entry ONLY if you have the keyless GO (no key for entry, no key for start).

Your key is always in your pocket, close to the car the iQ unlocks, touch the start knob for running the engine. Touch the start knob again, engine stopps. Jump out of the car, close the door. Touch the outside door handle, your iQ locks all doors. :1eye:

No automatic closing without touching doorhandle/symbol on your "key". No closing during driving. :jockey:

WOW! Thanks La-La

"Jump out of the car, close the door. Touch the outside door handle, your iQ locks all doors." <---- Thats all I need!

Just tested it and it is so much fun!!! Errrrrrr if I didnt ask, probably I would NEVER gonna find this out in my life time lol.

Love my IQ even more now ^_^

Just tested it and it is so much fun!!! Errrrrrr if I didnt ask, probably I would NEVER gonna find this out in my life time lol.

I still can't bring myself to completely trust the touch-handle door lock. I prefer to use the button on the remote.

Sorry Barry I should have been clearer. Yes touch the door handle to lock the car. Touch it again within 2 seconds to deadlock the car( so you can't open the car from the inside if you smash a window). And if you try the door handle within another 2 seconds, the car will allow you a "check it is actually locked" pull on the handle.

You then walk away from your locked IQ.

You shouldn't have to use the bottons on the fob at all

Thanks, the deadlock could be useful :thumbsup: Talk about smashing window... someone has smashed the window of another car parked inside my company's carpark yesterday. My car was safe only because I have parked it right in front of the security camera.

It will be a nightmare to get a side window replacement in Auckland lol

FWIW When the doors are locked there should be a red padlock icon visable on the speedo confirming the car is locked.

HOWEVER, in the bright NZ sun you may not see it, and being Japanese import probably shows an icon of a samuri or sommat different !

Rgds

• 3 months later...

I did read in the manual somewhere that if you have the keyless entry system, if you unlock the car by touching the handel but fail to open the door within 30secs, the door will self lock again, I like this iccle feature ;0)

Stating the obvious, but some may have missed it. If the doors are locked there should be a padlock showing on the dashboard display viewable from the drivers door window.

It pays to check ! ( I lock the door if I have the keys, and my wife locks the door her side ! Net result the car is left unlocked ! :eek:

Rgds

Hi

I have the same, is it? , isn't it locked? problem with my head. So i quite often lock it by using the lock button on the rear hatch . touch it twice , lghts flash twice , deadlocked, job done, happy days

I wish it had a feature that would lock the car when it detects the keyfob has gone out of a certain range.