Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

*+_Hardtop/softtop_+*

miss_toyota_MR-S

Should I stick with the softtop or change to Hardtop as ive ordered hardtop this week? :blink:

Hi and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Never had a hard top for mine since getting it eight years ago ;)

Where were you getting the hard top & fittings from if you don't mind me asking?

Les

thanks :) and got it off eBay off a red mr2 for £200 delivered.....but has a slight crack on one side but as its red and my car white its going to have to be sprayed anyway so a bit of fiddling should be a good job :) and hopefully look nice i do like the soft top but as winter not that far and its on the driveway not garaged guna be fun getting ice off the soft top :) maybe im just lazy lol :)

post-95832-127879708632_thumb.jpg

As long as the damage is only superficial that's not a bad price.

I hope you have all the fittings necessary for this though, I see in the picture it only shows the rear brackets.

You will need the centre posts as well as a couple of other things. CIMG1267.jpg

Les

As far as I can remember that is the full fitting kit Les has posted, the two latches that go on the outside of the car are there (thats the chrome bits) and the two lcatches that go inside the car behind the seats are there, you also have the de-mister cable too which is required for the rear screen on the hardtop.

The hardtop conects to the top of the windscreen using the same catches as the soft top.

All you need to do is trim the plastic parts behind the seats to fit the catches, attacth the catches useing the bolts provided, replace the plastics, the fitting of the chrome bits is straight forward.. two bolts to swap the body coloured panel for the chrome parts.

In owning several soft top cars over the years I have to say my experience is that removable hard tops are more trouble than they are worth. Most of the time they will sit in the garage and if you have the hard top on and the sun does decide to come out you cannot take advantage of it.

The only exceptions would be if you live in a high crime area where the hard top will give extra protection or the soft top is damaged and you need something to keep the car watertight.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links