Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ac Pollen Mode

kithmo

What does the Pollen mode button on the AC do ?

In the manual it says it switches to recirculating air mode, but the Recirculating mode switch does that, what's the difference.

Doesn't it just clean out the pollen filter for 5 minutes ?

Yes. It seems to suck the air through a filter on recirculate at a higher speed for about 5 mins.

It does appear to work.

I'm still confused.

Is it to clean the air in the cabin or is it just to clean the filter ?

If it's to clean the air, is the pollen filter only in use when this button is pressed or is it in use in any other modes ?

If it's to clean the filter, where does the dirt/pollen from the filter go whilst this is in progress ?

I thought I'd read somewhere that the pollen filter was to be removed for cleaning.

My interpretation of it (as it isn't clearly explained in the user guide) is that it cleans the interior air when you press the button. I guess it must suck out and filter the pollen/dust in the air for as long as you press the button. Once the function has switched off then pollen will again start to enter the cabin unless of course you have it on recirculate.

I used it today when following a smelly tractor. It worked a treat. :)

I guess the pollen is trapped in the filter until it is eventually replaced at service. Not sure if you can clean the filter or just replace it. I personally would just replace it when required.

I concur with GC. The when the pollen button is pressed, the cabin air is recirculated through the filter to scrub out any pollen or nasty smells. After a few minutes, it switches off. Very handy with all these bonfires about.

Thanks, that seems to be a logical explanation. I see in some US versions they have a built in electronic air purifier/ioniser as well, apparently it puts you in a calm mood too. :yawn: Zzzzzz....