Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Thing(S) You Can Think Of About Your Iq

BarryIQ

-Useless glove bag...

-False official fuel consumption figure for the automatic (CVT) version

-The car shakes/vibrate badly when sitting ideal due to the nature of a 3 cylinders engine... This problem probably wont affect any IQ3 owner as their engines are all 4 cylinders. The vibration lead to noise from losen parts or small stuff in the car.

-The rain sensor is not truely auto like the auto headlight, it won't stop by itself when there is no rain.

-The seat cannot be pulled all the way down straight to become a bed

-The climate control suxball (Or I just dont know how to use it properly). In auto mode it limits the fan speed and air outlet port, takes forever to reach the target temperature.

-No sunroof :(

-Too attractive on the road...

-glove bag is usefull enough.

-figures come from an official test and you can never make it in real life (as well as all other carmanufactures)

-Have it checked out because something is definitely wrong.

-Have it checked out because something is wrong.

-User error........it's an very good one in fact.

-Have it installed then :thumbsup:

-Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

-Useless glove bag... - Holds everything I need it to and it's got to be better than no bag.

-False official fuel consumption figure for the automatic (CVT) version - Done oficially by the government on a rolling road under strict test conditions. As mentioned before it is the same for every manufacturer.

-The car shakes/vibrate badly when sitting ideal due to the nature of a 3 cylinders engine... This problem probably wont affect any IQ3 owner as their engines are all 4 cylinders. The vibration lead to noise from losen parts or small stuff in the car. - Doesn't shake/vibrate in my car. Get that checked out.

-The rain sensor is not truely auto like the auto headlight, it won't stop by itself when there is no rain. - Don't have the feature so I'm not sure

-The seat cannot be pulled all the way down straight to become a bed - I'm pretty sure in can be in ours

-The climate control suxball (Or I just dont know how to use it properly). In auto mode it limits the fan speed and air outlet port, takes forever to reach the target temperature. - Again, we don't have so I'm not sure

-No sunroof :(

-Too attractive on the road...

As for me I'm happy with mine, no real bad things to report at the moment. Actually, if the had stereo controls the passenger could use it would be handy.

Crap fuel economy. (friend's two litre Mondeo does better!)

Crap fuel gauge.

Poor interior build and materials.

Rattles caused by above.

Crap interior light.

Very little thought gone into design, eg; rear seat belt stowage, no space for oddments, laughable glove bag, luggage cover etc.

.....as you can see, mostly interior related..... apart from that I'm happy enough. Wouldn't buy another though.....or another Toyota.....especially as the climate control is buggering me about already. :angry:

My previous Yaris gave me no grief at all in over four years, now I'm considering moving next door to my dealer to save on fuel bills!

So why would you never buy another Toyota? Because of the faults with one car? Or just because you want something different?

He has also tried Yaris... Thats why...

By the way

-figures come from an official test and you can never make it in real life (as well as all other carmanufactures)

Seems a fair amount of manual drivers are able to achieve the official MPG figure or even to exceed it...

So why would you never buy another Toyota? Because of the faults with one car? Or just because you want something different?

There's one main reason that I buy Toyota, that's the fact that they never go wrong. If the reliability record goes, then there's no point in paying the premium.

I was quite happy buying Renaults before I got my Yaris, but I've had more trouble from the IQ in a year than I had from my Clio in three. :(

There's one main reason that I buy Toyota, that's the fact that they never go wrong. If the reliability record goes, then there's no point in paying the premium.

I was quite happy buying Renaults before I got my Yaris, but I've had more trouble from the IQ in a year than I had from my Clio in three. :(

Fair enough. :yes:

It's a shame that Toyota have gone so far down the drain really, they used to have a well earned reputation for being wood-burning-stove reliable. :(

Renault are a funny one because I find them nightmares to work on and incredibly unreliable, however my grans (now passed away) Clio has never skipped a beat. Runs perfectly after 10 years.

Lets hope that Toyota brings something back that will once more entice you to the brand... :naughty:

Bad things I have found on the IQ1 1.0 Manual 10-plate

In no particular order

Hardly any gap between seat and seatbelt holder, makes it hard to reach back and get it sometimes. This is doubly weird since this is not a narrow car.

Seat belts scratch the inside plastic on the doors when putting them on/off

Using the radio is like rocket science. Im still trying to work out how to manually tune a station on the FM2 and FM3 channels. Im also still wondering why there is an FM2 and FM3 at all. Instruction in the manual for the radio are not clear.

You cant remove the AM selection from the list of audio devices you have to scroll through

The mode button makes a very loud beep even if you set the volume low.

After a couple of weeks my IQ has started to make a clunk noise as I let in the clutch when in 2nd gear. I noticed the same thing on the Aygo I used to have.

There is a bend in the metal just above the foot brake which often catches on the toe cap of my shoes as I try to brake :\

Forced to slam the doors shut, unless you have a window open.

The wing mirrors are unnecessarily large and make the car wider than some cars that are twice the length of it. (I know about the EU rule)

When going over speed humps you get a big jolt as you come off them. I think this may be because you are much nearer the back axle than in ‘normal’ cars. There is a particular hump I have to go over every day and in the Aygo I could happily go over at 20mph+ in the IQ even 15mph is too fast unless you like banging your head on the roof..

Fuel gauge is highly inaccurate. I managed to do my daily commute a whole week with it stuck on full, then it went down two bars in 2 days. However, I have encountered this problem before as I used to have a Jazz and they have flat fuel tanks too.

Speedometer only marks every 20 miles an hour (20, 40 etc). Im used to it now, but it was annoying at first as 90% of my driving is done in a 30mph limit areas.

Despite the above I still like the car :thumbsup:

When going over speed humps you get a big jolt as you come off them. I think this may be because you are much nearer the back axle than in ‘normal’ cars. There is a particular hump I have to go over every day and in the Aygo I could happily go over at 20mph+ in the IQ even 15mph is too fast unless you like banging your head on the roof..

Had a Smart car as my last car and believe me............ When your sitting too close to an axel you really are too close to an axle. The IQ feels like a limo in comparison lol

Bad things I have found on the IQ1 1.0 Manual 10-plate

In no particular order

Hardly any gap between seat and seatbelt holder, makes it hard to reach back and get it sometimes. This is doubly weird since this is not a narrow car.

Seat belts scratch the inside plastic on the doors when putting them on/off

Using the radio is like rocket science. Im still trying to work out how to manually tune a station on the FM2 and FM3 channels. Im also still wondering why there is an FM2 and FM3 at all. Instruction in the manual for the radio are not clear.

You cant remove the AM selection from the list of audio devices you have to scroll through

The mode button makes a very loud beep even if you set the volume low.

After a couple of weeks my IQ has started to make a clunk noise as I let in the clutch when in 2nd gear. I noticed the same thing on the Aygo I used to have.

There is a bend in the metal just above the foot brake which often catches on the toe cap of my shoes as I try to brake :\

Forced to slam the doors shut, unless you have a window open.

The wing mirrors are unnecessarily large and make the car wider than some cars that are twice the length of it. (I know about the EU rule)

Fuel gauge is highly inaccurate. I managed to do my daily commute a whole week with it stuck on full, then it went down two bars in 2 days. However, I have encountered this problem before as I used to have a Jazz and they have flat fuel tanks too.

Speedometer only marks every 20 miles an hour (20, 40 etc). Im used to it now, but it was annoying at first as 90% of my driving is done in a 30mph limit areas.

Despite the above I still like the car :thumbsup:

Really good point on the seatbelt, thats some of my problem that I didn't realise untill you mention about it

However I have no problem shutting the door for some reason... now I am really worry if mine one got a hole or something which make it different from the others...

"Fuel gauge is highly inaccurate" The first bar just last hella longer than the rest except the last slot. Its not a too big issue once we all get used to it, I have realised the same problem on my SLK too. Never know Jazz/Fit got a flat fuel tank, I thought Toyota has claimed it to be their unique design for IQ?

Oh well... I still love my QQ very much afterall :rolleyes:

Really good point on the seatbelt, thats some of my problem that I didn't realise untill you mention about it

This week I got some seat belt covers and this has solved the problem of it scraping the plastic on the door. However, there is very little room between the side of the seat and door so I have to double check where the seat belt is hanging before I slam it. So far I have managed to avoid scraping the door and I realise its not a perfect solution. I think if you are over 6 foot you might not even notice this as a problem, its only when the seats are quite far forward that it becomes fiddly to get the seatbelt out and the shape of the seat means as it retracts it scrapes across the door before going behind the seat.

• 2 weeks later...

I think people like Iron should be hired by car industries in order to really improve their products and not only make face-liftings that destroy sometimes the original look. In my IQ I also have noticed the above mentioned "issues" and I would like to share the following:

1. Rear belts if not in the specific place are making noise - the matellic part hits the plastic. Solution: put carpet stickers in the place of contact.

2. The display unit should be in the center, in the dipslay provided for the belts and not hidden in the left.

3. OK someone can learn to use the radio BUT why make people suffer :wacko: ?

4. All plastics are very easy to scratch I have three big scratches from the belts as mentioned by Iron :crybaby: .

5. Really, the fuel consumption is NOT so low as expected :huh: , despite the fact that the car is not very speedy in general.

6. The 3 cylinder engine when iddle, creates a "pr-pr-pr" like strange noise.

7. The hand brake is a little far from the drivers hand.

In general, I think that if Toyota improves IQ by listening to all IQ owners, the next edition of IQ will be a disaster for all competitors. :thumbsup:

Now owning the car for a month my 'bad' things are as follows

• Seats - my biggest issue as I like to throw a car around a corner and the seats give zero support
  • Scratches - Need I say more - Ive stopped wearing my walking trainers - though damage already done to the door
  • Arm Rest - Taken a month to find a way to pearch my elbow - the lower area is too low upper too high - the one thing that shows the car was for smaller peeps
  • Cover - Im 50/50 on this its not meant to be an estate but the solution for temp cover is poor
  • Dash - Tiny LCD and then massive space given to tell me when to change gear
  • Middle Dash - pointless bit or what
  • Fuel Consumption - why not give expected mileage based on average and fuel in tank?

I accept the downside of a 1.0 engine happily so wont complain about that as for me nothing to complain about.

Seatbelt:

I am having alot of problem with the seatbelt lately...

About half of the time, the seatbelt(the plug part) will stuck between the door and the seat and the only way to get it out is to open the door again to free the seatbelt. It is getting really annoying...

Another problem is that when I release the seatbelt, most of the time it will leave a little scratches on the plastic of the sidedoor... The seatbelt was badly designed

Air Con:

For some reason there are very limited choice of air con outlet option, the only option to blow air to the window screen will also blow air on my feet. All I want is an option to focus all the air flow to ONE point which is simple but not available somehow...

Side door:

Not sure if anyone notice this... But when you shut the door, the lower half of the door will shake badly like something is going loose. In other word, it does not feel solid at all... I feel like the door is made from some junky thin pieces of metal...which leave me with a very 'cheap' feeling on this car. Consider the price we paid for it, the quality should be better than this...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've found the iQ3 the best car I have ever had, but.......

Rip off you that you have to "buy a glove bag"

Causes too much interest that can be annoying *even people taking photos etc*

The 1.33 semi-auto is too quiet, makes me think it's not running at junctions!

The tyrol silver needs constant cleaning to keep the showroom shine.

Nothing above really bothers me except buying the glove bag and at even £90 on eBay most people I guess use a tesco's bag for life ;)

An all round excellent car and even better as I am only 5ft3, not sure how tall people would get on in them?

Toyota A++++++!

M<y 6"2' friend found IQ more comfortable than a new polo :)

I've found the iQ3 the best car I have ever had, but.......

Rip off you that you have to "buy a glove bag"

Causes too much interest that can be annoying *even people taking photos etc*

The 1.33 semi-auto is too quiet, makes me think it's not running at junctions!

The tyrol silver needs constant cleaning to keep the showroom shine.

Nothing above really bothers me except buying the glove bag and at even £90 on ebay most people I guess use a tesco's bag for life ;)

An all round excellent car and even better as I am only 5ft3, not sure how tall people would get on in them?

Toyota A++++++!

• 2 months later...

MORE POWER AND SPORTIER GEARING!!

What happened to Toyota quality? It got lost in the early 2000's The president of Toyota Motor Co. wasn't kidding when he publicly admitted 'the company has sacrificed quality in order to become the World's largest auto manufacturer'.

The quality won't come back overnight.

It will only be on the next generation of Toyota models that should see an improvement.

We currently own 4 x new Toyota cars in our family and have had/are having problems with ALL of them (IQ, Yaris,Aygo)

What happened to Toyota quality? It got lost in the early 2000's The president of Toyota Motor Co. wasn't kidding when he publicly admitted 'the company has sacrificed quality in order to become the World's largest auto manufacturer'.

It will only be on the next generation of Toyota models that should see an improvement.

We currently own 4 x new Toyota cars in our family and have had/are having problems with ALL of them (IQ, Yaris,Aygo)

Indeed... All my previous Toyota (Prado, Carmy, Celica) were pre 2000 model...

I am starting to worry about my IQ...

There are definitely a few things that can be improved with the iQ, but then again, is there a car in the world that is perfectly made for everyone??? I think the biggest thing I would've changed if had a choice, was if the stereo mount had more flexibility with changing it. I know you can change the surround to double din, then maybe find a single din insert, but that all comes at a premium, but, I knew this before I bought it, so was my choice to go with it.

I'm just wondering if anybody actually looked at an iQ before buying it?? There seems to be a lot of issues with interior gripes, and granted, whilst you can't allow for knocking and squeaks (which do come with driving over time) the plastics are the same. I pulled the showroom model apart when looking at them, scratched plastics and everything, I just wanted to know what I was dealing with before making the switch from Ford.

I think sometimes we forget that although they are expensive for the size it, we are only driving round in 10-12k cars.....

You're not the only one - I did my research and knew what I was getting into, the IQ was as close to a perfect car for what I do currently, low miles, flexible, big car feel, lots of toys, and a nice refined feel for such a small car - and the other advantage of research was I paid a fair bit less than OTR price.

hi was listening to someone on the radio talking about the japanese economy.things are a lot worse there than ours,and have been so for some time. this has put up the price of the goods they export so effecting the prices of their cars,so they may have reduced the build quality to keep the car prices commpetitive.including cars they build outside japan.it was also said that japan export far more to the east than the west.which i find surprising.

but there, what do i know.