Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bad Thing(S) You Can Think Of About Your Iq

BarryIQ

RE Tonneau cover.

It does exactly as it is supposed to IMO.

6 pop fasteners holding it in place & providing a cover to hide whatever is stored or carried below it.

Easily popped into place or removed as required.

one or both rearmost fastners/poppers unpopped & repopped as required to put something underneath.

Easily stored without taking up any space!

It meets the KISS principal. I dont know what else can be expected of it. ??

george

post a picture of the mat/cover thing some one mite know what its for

As it turns out, it was the Tonneau cover. Didn't take long to install and I will make use of it. However, it's not as user friendly as most boot covers which slide away or are lifted up with the boot door.

• 1 year later...

I think people like Iron should be hired by car industries in order to really improve their products and not only make face-liftings that destroy sometimes the original look. In my IQ I also have noticed the above mentioned "issues" and I would like to share the following:

1. Rear belts if not in the specific place are making noise - the matellic part hits the plastic. Solution: put carpet stickers in the place of contact.

2. The display unit should be in the center, in the dipslay provided for the belts and not hidden in the left.

3. OK someone can learn to use the radio BUT why make people suffer :wacko: ?

4. All plastics are very easy to scratch I have three big scratches from the belts as mentioned by Iron :crybaby: .

5. Really, the fuel consumption is NOT so low as expected :huh: , despite the fact that the car is not very speedy in general.

6. The 3 cylinder engine when iddle, creates a "pr-pr-pr" like strange noise.

7. The hand brake is a little far from the drivers hand.

In general, I think that if Toyota improves IQ by listening to all IQ owners, the next edition of IQ will be a disaster for all competitors. :thumbsup:

Regarding seatbelts in rear, I think you will find there are little slots where the two panels join that allow you to poke the metal part in. This eliminates all noise

Owned my iQ for 9 weeks now. Absolutely loving it but there are little niggles:

1) The small engine size and long gear ratio took a little while for me to get use to - driving softer and smoother now though, compared to racer boy Renault driving style I used to do.

2) The drivers seatbelt kept smacking the door when I unbuckle - got a cheap belt clip to keep it in place now.

3) Shift lights - Just need to turn that off, it's distracting and utterly pointless. I know how to drive and when to shift, don't need a light to flash at me to shift up when I accelerate before heading up a hill only to have it go shift down because the ratio is too high. Hard to ignore it too

4) Vibrating at 3rd gear, when car cruise down below 20mph. Back to point 1 I think.

you wait till winter and find out about the interior light (or lack of). dont worry you'll soon start to think IQ'like, it's all a bit different.

I drove a Renault Clio Dynamic, it had 1 light. The iQ at night wasn't an issue for me, not sure why people seem to be complaining that unless they had cars that disco when they enter?

I agree with some of the 'rumblings' on here about our beloved iQ's. However, some fixes are possible for things like the seat belts, front and rear. Cannot recall all the seperate posts to do with this, but if you look back at previous posts you will find them. Same with the lighting in the 'cabin and boot' area. As for fuel economy, ours is doing okay at the moment. Best ever fuel economy for our 1.0 iQ was almost 74mpg! Pics are on the forum somewhere to prove it. Of course, this was on a run from Welshpool to Oswestry (and on to Cheshire), where I pulled into a lay-by to take the pic with my mobile to prove it to myself later when I got to the 'I can't believe it' phase.

I don't have the pics on this laptop but, again, if you look back at previous posts you will see pics and descriptions of how people have dealt some of these issues. As for the radio, I give up too. I just listen to my CD's instead, but then, why listen to music when you can hear that wonderful engine? Huh? Happy iQ motoring to all.

:driving:

you wait till winter and find out about the interior light (or lack of). dont worry you'll soon start to think IQ'like, it's all a bit different.

Tarquin's your man if you want an interior dome replacement with 4W light output (instead of the standard 0.4W).

Best upgrade we've done to our iQ; I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you dropped him a PM.

Takes seconds to swap out (you return your old one after the new one is fitted so you're not left without light)

Dave

Tarquin's your man if you want an interior dome replacement with 4W light output (instead of the standard 0.4W).

Best upgrade we've done to our iQ; I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you dropped him a PM.

Takes seconds to swap out (you return your old one after the new one is fitted so you're not left without light)

Dave

tks mate, i saw all the threads on the interior light ages ago, i'm sorted on that score , 24 led torch on the grab handle above the door and a couple of the same in the boot, sorted me out in the mornings over the last 2 winters , although it's probably not to everyones taste

tony

tony

Hi CJ

It all goes back to last year when people first started to complain about poor ligjting. Then it extended to no ligjt in the rear for shopping etc. I originally modified the dome light from the magnified 1\4 W LED to a 3 Watt LED. There are pics on the forum showing the difference. Later, i modified them with an extention socket and fitted puddle lights in the rear top lining. They look like they are part of the original lights from the manufacturers. Getting back to the dome light, i modify it so it looks the same but much brighter. If you want one its done on a swap basis. I send you a modified one and when you have replaced yours , you simply return your one to me. There are 2 types. An all grey one and a 2 tone one with a satin dome. Depends which interior you have. The cost is £20 including postage to tje UK or £25 if you want an extention socket to feed power to your own rear lights. My private email is radiowindy@hotmail.co.uk. Cheers

David

Thanks David, I'll keep that in mind - will do some long night journeys in a weeks time, so will decide after that run if a brighter interior light is needed when I pop in and out. Thanks!

Any fixes for illuminating the mirror control unit, in particular the mirror parking switch.

(would also would be useful if the mirrors could open when engine started and closed when switched orf !)

Rgds

-Useless glove bag...

-False official fuel consumption figure for the automatic (CVT) version

-The car shakes/vibrate badly when sitting ideal due to the nature of a 3 cylinders engine... This problem probably wont affect any IQ3 owner as their engines are all 4 cylinders. The vibration lead to noise from losen parts or small stuff in the car.

-The rain sensor is not truely auto like the auto headlight, it won't stop by itself when there is no rain.

-The seat cannot be pulled all the way down straight to become a bed

-The climate control suxball (Or I just dont know how to use it properly). In auto mode it limits the fan speed and air outlet port, takes forever to reach the target temperature.

-No sunroof :(

-Too attractive on the road...

I think the glovebag is better than nothing

My 4 cylinder does not vibrate

My interior light is very bright

I like my 16" wheels

I like my multidrive

I like the fact that I can get a 13' kayak, 4 part paddle and PFD in the back

I can't think of anything bad to say about it.

Things I dislike are....

1, Poor grip from the seats when cornering.

2, No soft touch indicators.

Think thats about it.

Fish

Hi Tony

As you may or not know, I changed the Dashboard lights from amber to blue and also illuminated my mirror switched

david

post-109788-0-59874400-1346275225_thumb.

post-109788-0-92447700-1346275264_thumb.

post-109788-0-88225400-1346275318_thumb.

I have no issues at all I looked at what I was buying before I bought it in every aspect.

Lights are fine and I work nights

Seat belts knocking on door not a problem when ya six two and the seat is right back

As for scratches on door panels I got them vinyl wrapped in carbon fibre around those areas

Fuel consumption is ok I knew it was never gonna be as good as they say

Drive is real nice compared to my tin box C1

Everything works as it should

I built my own armrest which incorporates storage for junk and Cd's

In the "boot"my seats are permanantley folded down and I made to panels the same shape as the either half of the boot out of hardboard placed memory foam on this and covered in shiny black pvc , comfy for the dogs and wipe clean.

Interior light is fine to . What do you people need to !Removed! see at night fer christs sake.

Climate works brilliantly and on auto barely makes a difference to fuel as it only switches the pump on as required instead of all the time

Upgraded my wheels blacked out my windows and people are always looking and commenting

I love it well done Toyota

I may well buy another for the misses

• 2 months later...

I think it's interesting how even those owners who like their car so much they join a Forum about it still have lots of minor niggles. It would be nice to know that companies like Toyota actually listen to these things - it's a lot cheaper than doing their own research. Some, like the crappy interior light, could be fixed so easily that I despair at how unresponsive car companies are. Many of the problems noted are familiar to us all: the difference is in the degree to which they matter to us. I think I agree with every fault listed above, but few are bad enough to be a reason not to buy an IQ. I think my biggest worries are the threads about basic mechanical problems like the EGR valve, which Toyota and their very expensive dealers have serious form in denying. I hesitated longer about buying a Toyota again than I did about buying an IQ. I am still smarting from a long running dispute with them over a persistently faulty air bag warning light in the Avensis 1 which they denied was an issue, yet was all over the internet.

Not much really. I love the car and I would (will) have another one. I'm with Myles , I really don't know what the issue is with the interior light - other than it doesn't extend into the "boot". But this can be fixed for £2.60 as described in my " Let there be light" thread.

Over the (number) years I have driven all sort of cars at all price levels an can' t really remember getting such pleasure from a car every day - possible exception of a new XR3i once! But they were very different times and maybe its the running cost that now make me smile rather that being able to boast about 0-60 times in the pub !

Thinking about it - if it had 2 cup holders it would be perfect :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links