Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Value New Injector For 1.8 Carina E ?

Harry Carri

Hi,

Thanks to this forum I have identified that my Carina E 1.8 (N reg) needs a new injector (which doesn't seem unusual). The best value new one I have found is £95 at Euro car parts.

Has anyone done better?

Thanks

That's about the best offer that I've found too. Considering that a new injector costs £300 here in Norway that price is quite acceptable :) Still hard to understand why such a simple solenoid device needs to be that expensive...

I have a few requests for used ones that I'm waiting for, but unless they're positive I'll probably buy from Euro car parts too. Buying a used one may not be a good choice, as they seem to have a limitied life span?

That's about the best offer that I've found too. Considering that a new injector costs £300 here in Norway that price is quite acceptable :) Still hard to understand why such a simple solenoid device needs to be that expensive...

I have a few requests for used ones that I'm waiting for, but unless they're positive I'll probably buy from Euro car parts too. Buying a used one may not be a good choice, as they seem to have a limitied life span?

Thanks. £300 wow. Yes I would prefer a new injector too for the same reason.

Hi,

Thanks to this forum I have identified that my Carina E 1.8 (N reg) needs a new injector (which doesn't seem unusual). The best value new one I have found is £95 at Euro car parts.

Has anyone done better?

Thanks

I puchased four from a japanese car breakers for £60. Fitted only one about 4 years ago, solved problem and has not given me any more problems, three remain at my workplace.

That's what I'm trying to do too, but the problem is that this type of car seems to have used a lot of different types of injectors, even on the same engine (mine is 4A-FE 1.6L). Some injectors are dark blue (like mine, with a SB172xx VIN) and mounted directly on the head, while some others have other colors and are mounted on the inlet manifold (with a JTxxx VIN?). You have to make sure you get the right ones. Check out http://www.toyodiy.com with your VIN.

I puchased four from a japanese car breakers for £60. Fitted only one about 4 years ago, solved problem and has not given me any more problems, three remain at my workplace.

Maybe you'd be interested in selling a couple of your unused injectors then?

Given that they are blue Bosch 0 280 150 439 - 350 (Toyota 23250-02030 or 23209-02030)?

• 1 year later...

I would like to say thank you for mentioning EuroCarParts. I have a 1.6 (4A-FE) and my local Toyota dealer wanted £270 for one and I was having terrible trouble locating one from a breakers. ECP have them for £135.60. Just bought one. This has made my weekend.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Toyota_Carina+E_1.6_1995/p/////?431820010&1&2939e163bba25bb6b4de342e3ee0c6d8dc33b398&000993

• 2 years later...

Looking for some blue 23209-02030, if anybody has some spare ones...