Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing Top Panel From The Dash

Speed_Chaser

Hey guys!

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows how to remove this big top panel from the dash? I tried everything but no success, don't want to break anything down. I tried opening the panels and investigated how it's attached. I found couple of holders but didn't manage to get it apart by releasing them.

2vcj7t5.jpg

Its not the panel, its the dash itself. I think its very difficult to do it. Why do you want to remove it? Could be another way to go underneath.

regards,

dan 

The reason why I'd like to remove it is that I am willing to replace it. It got scratched and I tried to repair the scratch by sanding it a bit and applying some back2black paste for plastic and rubber. It looks quite good now but as I'm way too anal I do not like it sometimes. The scratch cannot be seen at all, but there is a spot which has a bit different colour or is just a bit more shiny than the rest of the panel. It can be seen when the light hits the panel from a certain angle. Stupid I know, but better ask and see if it's possible. Maybe if the task will be said to be nearly impossible I will calm down after hearing it from you guys :D

Mine just popped out during hot weather, then the two silver side panels have fell off whilst driving.

Based on my experience, I'd say you remove the two silver side panels, which seem to pop out quite easily to the point a bumpy road does it, and you can remove the panel from there.

try this link, is explained very well, in details, the only problem is it's written in russian, but i'm sure you'll succeed

• Like 1

Thanks tavy, you're the best! I knew that you'd be the one to answer by question ;) Yea I shouldn't have problems with understanding the text as I know russian better than english. Even though I wouldn't understand anything, the pics alone do tell a lot about the process.

'welcome alex; if there is a misunderstanding regarding the process, we can debate it here...

I will keep that in mind, thanks :) Will take a look at it today or during next week...

I've done most of these things before so it shouldn't be too difficult. But after reading the instruction carefully, I do not quite understand how to remove the pillars with curtain airbags... The instruction says that some fixator has to be cut. Will I need to buy a new one to put the pillar back together or what? Also most of the text at the end of the instruction is missing for some reason. I tried refreshing the document, but no success.

they said, indeed "A" fixator must be cut after removing pillar cover, and replace it with new one before reinstall the cover; but i think that fixator can be recuperate and stick in it's place with some glue, it's worth trying...

Sorry for wrong info. Tavy you are very good!

About A pillars removal: i done it twice. All you have to do is twist the clip trim retainer with long nose pliers.

Sorry for wrong info. Tavy you are very good!

About A pillars removal: i done it twice. All you have to do is twist the clip trim retainer with long nose pliers.

It wasn't wrong info, you just said it is not easy to remove. And it's true, it isn't as there's many steps and other panels involved. You saved my day anyway by telling I won't have to cut anything, what a relief :) Did you cover the airbags with something? The instruction is telling that the bag should be covered with some cloth to protect it. I believe it's not necessary if I will manage to work carefully and won't stick the airbag with anything sharp?

No, i didn't cover the airbag, just be careful not to touch it. Good luck and don't be afraid, its easier than you think.

PS: have you consider that instead change that panel to cover it with leather or carbon foil?

regards,

dan

Yes I've been thinking about that. Not sure if it'd look good though. The other thing is that I can get a new panel for next to nothing!