Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Warning Bleeps

supermart

I wouldn't feel ok unplugging anything under the steering column. Maybe that plug has other functions except the beep for the key??

I would feel better disabling the actual cable for the speakers that make the beeping audible.

Anyone knows where these are? (especially for opening door but also for key left on).

thanks

As tavy said, there is one small piezo speaker for the warning beeps. If you disable this one you will also lose the warning beep in case you forget your lights on and you probably don't want that.

• 3 weeks later...

i have auris 1.6 t spirit it does not bleep in reverse (glad) but bleeps when door open ( have no key just push button ) sitting in it or not ignition off which can be disabled by closing the door then opening again or pressing the door close button which is just under the door striker plate.it can be annoying when you want the door open for some reason.

In a 'new' Auris the close then open trick doesn't work. But if you turn the key to ON instead of ACC, the door beeper shuts up. Which seems weird. It's ok to drive with the door open but sitting there motionless is a big no-no. (You can also start the engine and it won't beep at you). I assume it's not drawing 10x more power from the poor Battery just to bring the fuel gauge and some indicator lights online...

Definitely the most annoying beep of them all.

• 3 months later...

I would like to comment on two parts of this earlier post -

To eliminate the beeps is to take away a vital built in safety feature which is fitted to aid "total" vehicle safety

As for the reversing beep that somebody noticed earlier - it is now almost on every lorry and/or bus. When the driver has no rear mirror and cannot clearly see what is happening behind the vehicle. It is to warn other traffic participants (mostly pedestrians) about that particular vehicle reversing. It is not for the driver to know he is in the reverse. So I found things like that a little bit exagerrated or maybe even redundant on auris. You can clearly see what is behind you.

1) The reversing beep is not audible outside of my Auris Hybrid - so it is only intended for the driver.

2) The reversing beep is more than annoying - it overlaps with the proximity alert beeps, so it is harder to hear how close you are to objects.

3) The User manual says that the reversing beep can be customised from the default repeating-beep to a single beep - is that enough of a warning to the driver when they select reverse?

Ian.

Ian,

In answer to your points:

2) Yes, very annoying, was driving me mad

3) The dealer has to change the beep (most do it at no charge) and the single beep is enough when you go into reverse. I do have the full map sat-nav so notice when the display changes to the camera.

Peter

Peter, I was worried by my dealer not initially understanding my request, but they have contacted Toyota and it is just a 5 to 10 minute job they are happy to do. (Worried mainly due to a very bad experience with a Vauxhall dealer, who obviously had no clue how to repair one of their own cars..).

Cheers, Ian

I have now had the Reversing beeper changed to beep once when reverse is selected.

BUT - they seem to have also reduced the volume of all beeps - the parking sensors are now very faint.

I don't see any way for the customer to change the volume (or did I miss something?) - I will call the dealer in the morning.

Going the opposite way - can these sounds be made louder or could the sensor be made into a "bong" like the fords.

Where is the bleeper and loudspeaker on an Auris hybrid April 2012.

All the best

Denis the Menace aka bursco

Today I was trying again and finally succeded to disable the seatbelt sign.

What worked for me was to 1st turn the ignition on AND start the car, then set to odo, then turn off, remove key, reinsert key, hold the right button for 10 seconds or so, then while holding plug the seatbelt.

The secret menu finally appeared!!!

Today I was trying again and finally succeded to disable the seatbelt sign.

What worked for me was to 1st turn the ignition on AND start the car, then set to odo, then turn off, remove key, reinsert key, hold the right button for 10 seconds or so, then while holding plug the seatbelt.

The secret menu finally appeared!!!

How do find the secret menu with the auris hybrid - anyone??

Denis B

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links