Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq2 Fanbelt

V100MOR

Bought my IQ2 auto from Inchcape Guildford at the end of November 2009. The car is used mainly for urban runs. Today I embarked on a ten mile journey only to notice after 4 miles the red Battery indicator was lit followed by the engine overheat indicator. Stopped the car. Rang Inchcape who advised to call the recovery service, which I did. The AA turned up an hour later and noticed that the fanbelt had disappeared. Since the engine had cooled down for over an hour and I was on a narrow rural road, drove on for about half a mile to a hotel carpark where the AA man was able to get the car up on a jack and see what had gone wrong. Sure enough the fanbelt had come off and was in poor condition. The AA eventually managed to source a belt and fit it so tha car was ok to drive. I've bought new cars since 1976 and have never experienced this problem before. I've only done 5700 miles. Has anyone else had this problem?

Maybe a marter had bitten in it?

Please explain................marter??

• 2 weeks later...

yes - yesterday the alternator drive belt on my 09 IQ2 (9000 miles) broke. Will be speaking to the supplier Beadles Maidstone tomorrow morning