Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange Objct In Boot

skid11

HI THERE

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHAT THIS OBJECT IS IN THE BOOT OF MY AURIS T SPIRIT IT IS UNDER THE CARPET ON THE DRIVERS SIDE . IT HAS TWO WIRES THAT COME FROM UNDER THE WHEEL ARCH CARPET

PLEASE HELP

SKIDpost-64546-127885537348_thumb.jpg

hiya

my first thought was satnav? but looking at the pic i'm not sure....

sorry

hiya

sorry

hi there

i thought sat nav or may be a doc for a cd changer bu my lad tells me the is more than two wires to a changer . thanks anyway

Might be a crash sensor to disable the fuel pump; what side is the filler on?? tbh it could be nearly anything.

hiya

sorry

hi there

i thought sat nav or may be a doc for a cd changer bu my lad tells me the is more than two wires to a changer . thanks anyway

HI THERE .

GOOD IDEA BUT THE FILLER IS ON THE OTHER SIDE. I STILL THINK IT IS AN ADDITION TO THE CAR

THANKS SKID

hiya

sorry

hi there

HI THERE .

GOOD IDEA BUT THE FILLER IS ON THE OTHER SIDE. I STILL THINK IT IS AN ADDITION TO THE CAR

THANKS SKID

Please Take the "CAPS LOCK" off as you are "SHOUTING"..............(which is considered as bad ettiquette!)

Why not ask your supplying dealer?

Does your car have HID - xenon headlamps? It might be the tilt sensor, that regulates the height of the headlight beam. That's usually located in somwhere in the rear of the car.

hiya

sorry

hi there

HI THERE .

THANKS SKID

Please Take the "CAPS LOCK" off as you are "SHOUTING"..............(which is considered as bad ettiquette!)

Why not ask your supplying dealer?

sorry about the cap lock . i have been to the dealer and they have no idea . thanks skid

Does your car have HID - xenon headlamps? It might be the tilt sensor, that regulates the height of the headlight beam. That's usually located in somwhere in the rear of the car.

thanks that has me thinking . but there is a manual switch to regulate the hight of the beam depending on wieght you have in the back. skid

thanks that has me thinking . but there is a manual switch to regulate the hight of the beam depending on wieght you have in the back. skid

Maybe for the reverse gear sensors? Those that beep while you are reversing? I do not have those so I have no ide how the unit for them looks like.

My standard SR180 has one of those too... I expect it's possibly an impact sensor?

• 2 weeks later...

My T180 has one too. I've been wondering ever since I found it what it was but keep forgetting to ask my dealer.

My one flops around all over the place, and the single pin which "retains it" (I use the term loosely) seems like a lead nail that's about to snap off.

My T180 has one too. I've been wondering ever since I found it what it was but keep forgetting to ask my dealer.

My one flops around all over the place, and the single pin which "retains it" (I use the term loosely) seems like a lead nail that's about to snap off.

thanks for your reply . mine is loose as well . i asked the dealer what it was but they had no idea i suppose they only sell the cars not build them but then again i have never had much faith in my dealer.

skid

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links